LG v20 not receive picture on text

techid10t_0817

Hi oddly enough I have a very specific error.  I cannot receive any pictures sent to me by my best friend on her Samsung 8+ and she also has Tmobile.  when she sends a picture it shows as a blank conversation bubble, when I click on it and choose details its shows only 5 kb. my phone is not seeing it, I cannot forward it (like to my tmobile tablet) to see what it is.  I was able to see her pictures last week, so its really odd.  I thought maybe I had too many messages on my phone so I deleted all my threads and rebooted my phone. can anyone help me?  I got my LG 3 weeks ago from tmobile and it was new. I can see pictures sent to me by messenger by other people, but my best friend swears others can see her pictures.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: LG v20 not receive picture on text

Oh man! That is super weird! Is it only her S8+ that you cannot get pictures from or do you know anyone else with an S8+ that you have the same issue if they send you a picture message? Can she try saving a photo from a google image search and sending that to you? I want to see if it is just images that her camera is taking that are having the issue with displaying.

Just to confirm, it is only with messages sent to you from her phone and you can receive MMS from other people just fine right?

• tmo_marissa

Hiya techid10t_0817! My besties and I use a group IG chat to send photos, but prior to that technological development, if I were missing any of their messages I would be super bummed. How are things going for you? Was your friend able to try out the recommendation that Chris mentioned above? Is it still just her messages (and also, is it all of her messages?) that you're not receiving? Please let us know how you're doing!

- Marissa

• techid10t_0817

tmo_marissatmo_chris

I don't know what happened but the issue is fixed.  2 days after I posted this I was able to see pictures from my best friend again with the Samsung 8. she says she did the same thing i did and just deleted her messages and rebooted her phone. I rebooted my phone several times and deleted old threads after a week. I don't know anyone else that has a samsung 8 so i have to assume that everything is back to normal. I appreciate your help.  Marissa if that happens again i think i will try using a app messenger.

• tmo_marissa

It sounds like the issue might have been resolved on her end with those deleted threads, since doing so on your end didn't make a difference! Either way, kudos to both of you for going through that -- I know it's not a fun maintenance chore!
                If this does happen again, please keep us posted. Messaging apps can be fun and add a whole new element to messages, but we always want your basic services to work! Thanks for coming back to let us know this got squared away.

- Marissa