Collection account montage

spartanphysique17

Basically, I ended my my account with T-Mobile in February, switched to another carrier. I was told by multiple employees that as long as I made a small payment every week or two until my rebate from new carrier came that the account would remain active. So I was making $10 payments every other week .To my dismay, my account was sent to collections. After this I was sent to billing department who.tells me that making small payment is a lie and that if it is not paid in a certain number of days, in full that it goes to collections. 1. All employees should have equal training, 2. A company should stand behind the word of their employees.3 a person's credit is nothing to play with!  4.  The FCRA of 1970 requires creditors to be candid and forthcoming about their reporting practices and I was lied to and now stuck with a deragotory mark that Tmobile is trying to obviate removing!.Im trying to close on a house and I paid the debt but the collection agency Amsher and T-Mobile are refusing to delete it from my credit report.  I need any help and advise available!

I need this off my credit report asap.. I noticed kyeshaqueen said she emailed the CEO..what is that email please!

All replies

• spartanphysique17

Re: Collection account montage

Ok so I'm calling back for the Trillionth time and I get Ben operator # 4024197 and he hangs up in my face!  Customer service is not a priority here !

• Closing an account is just that. Closed. Terms of the agreement state that all money owed is due at time of account closure. You'll have to speak with the credit bureaus and the collections agency. Your debt has been sold to them.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • tmo_amanda

Hey, spartanphysique17!

Welcome to our Support Community! I'm sorry we're meeting on these terms. I understand the need to get this account off of your credit report ASAP. I recently purchased my first home and I know all the hoops one has to jump through with the bank. It sounds like some misinformation was provided as you have unfortunately had to find out the hard way. Once an account is canceled, you'll receive one final bill. Canceled accounts are not eligible for payment arrangements or extensions and can be send to collections at any point once the account is past due. You were clearly advised otherwise or perhaps we may not be in this situation. There are obvious opportunities to improve procedural knowledge as well as customer service. I'm truly sorry that you were hung up on. That shouldn't have happened. In the end, I know you need this taken care of. I recommend reaching out to our T-Force team via social media as they can provide support with secure access to your account.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • spartanphysique17

Hello, sorry we are meeting on these terms as well, but here we are lol.

Yes I was totally mislead, and even since on my more recent calls, I have

received disparaging information with an array of answers all leading to

different destinations. So from your knowledge of Tmobile procedure and

protocol, how and to whom do I approach about the deletion, I'm done crying

over spilled milk I just need to build a bridge over it with a deletion

from the credit bureaus

• spartanphysique17

So I had a "pillar" snn_555  reply but in a way I couldn't Reply to his

reply. He tries to tell me that at the time you close your account the

entire balance is due at that moment. First that is a lie, if you are in a

contract and you cancel as long as you pay the entirety of bill for

services and or goods received you DO NOT HAVE TO PAY EARLY CANcELLATION

FEES TO ANY PROVIDER OF GOODS OR SERVICES IF YOU WERE NOT SATISFIED WITH

SAID GOODS OR SERVICES.

2nd. He had absolutely no knowledge of the verbage in the FCRA of 1970,

which forces a creditor or lendor to be both candid and forthright in their

collection and reporting of all information regarding consumer credit. And

multiple Tmobile employees told me that to keep the account active make

small payments while I waited on my rebate from.new carrier and the account

would not report late or hit collection, just active. This also violates

Deceptive Trade Act . I was given misinformation about Tmobile reporting

practices as regarding to account status changing and timing of reporting.

3. Nor did this "pillar" exhibit any knowledge of the CCA or consumer

credit act. So obviously he is sending mindless replies to rack up "pillar

points". You must fully disclose your practices and policies in writing and

reproduce said policies when asked by a consumer, also see Right to Know

Act and it's addendums. Further, he exhibited no understanding as to the

absolute requirement of 100% compliance per federal laws and the UCC /

uniform commercial code

• I simply read the fine print. I don't get points for pointing that out.

• cesaribenitez95

spartanphysique17, We understand why you are mad, we do. Now, did you even take the time to read T-Mobile terms and conditions and the EIP arrangement? The reason why I asked is because it does read what would happen if the account gets closed. Also you stated that you port out to another carrier, which cancels the line on tmobile. And I know for a fact that the company that is doing the port in has to explain how it works and that it may cancel the account with the other carrier. Also when you started service with t-mobile you agreed and acknowledge that you read the T-Mobile  terms and conditions and the EIP arrangement , if not service would have not active in the first place. Now @tmo_amanda has advised you to go T-Force. They may be about to get a solution to your issue on hand.

• spartanphysique17

Thanks for the reply, my issue wasn't in policies, my quarrel stems from

misinformation. I knew the account was cancelled. But, I asked my options

on settling the balance, and was told by multiple representatives to just

keep it active by making small payments, as I stated. So it appears many;

too many Tmobile CSR don't know company practices and procedures. Federal

law demands 100 % candid response to anything involving consumer credit.

But at any rate that part is over, and from my searches this is pretty

common and it's a tragedy to be honest. In our free market economy credit

is better than money, and people are having thier credit impacted, which

affects obtaining jobs, car insurance, housing, just to name a few.

What is T-Force? And how do I access it?