REVVL: Am I reading this right?

drnewcomb2

Looking at the specs for the recently-announced T-Mobile REVVL, it looks like the phone lacks any 3G/4G support on non-North-American bands. Most notably lacking band-1 UMTS. This would mean that this phone simply will not work in Japan, S. Korea and Singapore; and would provide a poor experience in most other countries where 2G is being depreciated as rapidly as it is here. One would think that T-Mobile learned their lesson with the Leon and Galaxy Prime. Someone please tell me I'm wrong and the specs just failed to include those bands.

All replies

• gramps28

Re: REVVL: Am I reading this right?

I haven't seen the full specs of the phone but Tmobile is coming out with a phone from coolpad that may have what you're looking for.

T-Mobile Alchemy leak reveals another upcoming own-brand Android phone - TmoNews

• drnewcomb2

Not a lot to sink one's teeth into, there. Since my current phone(s) have at LTE band-12 and UMTS band 1, I'm going to hold off until something comes out with band-71 and some decent international roaming capabilities. I'll be just a bit disappointed if it turns out that T-Mobile has released yet another phone lacking true global roaming capabilities.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • I think that both of these phones are T-mobile's attempt to get more people on T-Mobile at a more reasonable price whereas the other carriers may not have devices that they push exclusively with this supposed price range.

Basically this is T-Mobile saying come to our Network here's a cheap phone to get you started.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey drnewcomb2 I did check the specs on our Tech specs: T-Mobile REVVL  page with the ones we have internally. They are showing the same bands so you're not missing anything. Sorry if that's not the answer you were looking for.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • drnewcomb2

That's OK Mike, I plan to wait for a phone with 600 MHz. My current phone's holding up just fine. I just find it hard to believe that T-Mobile offers a phone without U2100. Particularly since the international roaming information pages for Singapore and S. Korea don't seem to understand that current non-U2100 phones (e.g. Leon) won't work in those countries. Here comes another phone that's not truly capable of global roaming.

• This could be a lot like all the other low and mid-range phones that compromise Network capabilities across carriers and countries for the sacrifice of the price. Take the ZTE phones that T-Mobile sells they only have three or four bands and don't roam well even on domestic carriers. Also it's a T-Mobile branded phone so most likely is only going to work on Stateside T-Mobile. However I do believe that if this phone is to be used as a tool to bring in more customers in a way that is financially viable it should appeal to the use of everyone whether they are Flagship people or budget people. So I think you have a good point with the limitations that this phone has and most likely the T-Mobile Alchemy phone may also have.