Auto Refill Pay as You Go

magenta2351847

Hi All, Fairly new to this plan.  I'm trying to find a way to autorefill my account when the mins. are up.  I have the $3/mo. plan.  On the account page I see a way to turn on autopay for the monthly $3 charge, but I have been manually refilling my account when my 30 mins. expire.  I would like the option to automagically refill my account when it reaches or nears the expiration.  Is there a way to do this without doing it manually all the time?

Thanks,

Terry

All replies

• cesaribenitez95

Re: Auto Refill Pay as You Go

According to this support page you can set it up via my T-mobile

Source:Refill your Pay in Advance (Prepaid) account

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_marissa

Hey, magenta2351847! Were you able to find what you needed following the link that cesaribenitez95 shared? Are you in need of refilling the $3 monthly charge, or are you looking for a way to add additional voice or data passes? Please let us know if you still need help!

- Marissa

• magenta2351847

Hi Tmo_marissa,

Actually it did not address my question. I was looking for a way to auto-refill my account when I reached a low balance (like say, $3), such that I wouldn't be cut off mid-call. A TM rep told me that on my pay as you go plan that an in service call would be terminated if the account balance went to $0.

I don't always need additional mins. so I don't want to set up a regularly scheduled additional mins. payment. And chances are if I did, it wouldn't occur when I actually needed it.  I suppose I could just auto fund an additional mins. each month in the event I went over but I know the mins. expire at some point.

Thanks

Terry

Sent from my iPhone

• tmo_marissa

Ahhhh, I see. Sorry we misunderstood that, I think that I was wowed by the awesomeness of the phrase "automagically". We don't have a way to set up something like this at this time, and I understand what you mean about not wanting to set up auto-payments for something you might not need. You make a good point and I'm sure you might not be the only person who'd like to take advantage of such a refill option -- we appreciate the feedback!

- Marissa

• magenta2351847

Ha ha, glad you enjoyed it!  A commonly used term in the computer biz actually.   

You should consider adding that option, I'm sure a lot of people would consider it very consumer-friendly!  

If I purchase addition mins., how long are they good for?

Thanks, I enjoyed your awesome response!   

Terry

Sent from my iPad

• tmo_marissa

The account will stay active as long as there's a balance above $3 at the beginning of each 30 day "billing period", so basically, if you're just adding additional funds, they'll be there until you deplete them either by using them at the rate of $0.10 per minute/message or by merit of having $3 deducted at the start of each month and not using anything over the 30 minute/message combo. If you are thinking about doing a voice/text pass, though, those are $10 per week for unlimited talk and text, but just cover that week.

- Marissa

• magenta2351847

OK, thanks for all your help Marissa!

I have another question maybe you can help me with:  I also have a prepaid data plan for my ZTE hotspot I purchased from TM.  Currently on the 2GB/mo. Plan for $20, but thinking about upgrading to the $35/6 GB plan.  It looks like they will allow you to upgrade between billing cycles.  How does that work, is it prorated at the new rate or what?

Thanks!

Terry

Sent from my iPad

• tmo_marissa

Haha, another good question!

You can schedule a future-dated plan change if you're good with what you've paid for this month, and that may be the easiest route financially depending on how far into your cycle you've gotten. If you'd like to change plans mid-cycle and keep the same plan dates, you can go ahead and switch up to a higher 4G/LTE data bucket. The amount of data you'll have through the end of this cycle is the new bucket's data allotment less what has already been used since your cycle started, and you'll pay the difference in cost between the new plan and the old plan; not per the day, but monthly, since that's how monthly plans are billed -- so it is more cost effective to schedule the change or to complete it ASAP after the renewal to get the most out of your $$!

- Marissa