Delay in sending picture text messages

d89rojas

I am having a huge delay in sending a picture via text message.  At times it takes twenty minutes at others it takes ten minutes, and that is if it sends at all.  Regular texts go through right away.  The pictures i send are ones i take, or screenshots so they aren't very big.  This very annoying, does anybody know what I can do to fix this? It's only in sending, I receive pictures from other people with no problem.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Delay in sending picture text messages

Aw, that's totally no fun d89rojas.

Is this happening with specific numbers or any number you send to? Are you have to check the file size of the photos you're taking. You could also try changing your camera settings and see if changing the quality helps. Please keep us posted. Thanks!

• tmo_amanda

Hey, d89rojas!

Welcome to our Support Community! As Mike mentioned above, we need to figure out if this is only happening with one specific person or multiple people. Also, is this happening while you're connected to WiFi? If so, trying turning off WiFi to see if the MMS' go through. One last question for ya, is there a delay in picture messages sending when you're in a specific location or does it happen everywhere?

• tmo_marissa

Hi there, d89rojas! We just wanted to check in with you and see how things are going with your picture messages. If you're still having trouble, we'd love to know the answers to the questions asked above so that we can try to isolate the root cause of the problem! Thanks!

- Marissa