Failed to authenticate your phone!

magenta2305450

I was logged into the DIGITS app for quite a number of months, but yesterday when I opened the app it required me to agree to the terms and login. When I tried to login, it gave an error saying "Failed to authenticate your phone!" Running the latest version of iOS and the DIGITS app. Please help.

All replies

• debjitjdv

Re: Failed to authenticate your phone!

magenta2305450

That's a big oops. Let me guide you through a few basic troubleshooting steps (Thanks for the info that you are using iPhone and latest DIGITS app version):

1. Please switch off your wifi and make sure you have LTE connectivity
        2. For some reason DIGITS got logged out and since in between DIGITS got updated, you are needed to accept new term and conditions. That's a routine step.
        3. Now try to login using your T-MO ID. Since you are on LTE, in theory the network should be able to identify your phone and validate your phone automatically. Sometime if you are in wifi network fails to authenticate the device.

Now if the above steps dont work, please completely remove DIGITS app from your device and reinstall it and try to relogin over LTE. Please keep me posted about the outcome you see and please tag me. Hoping to hear from you soon.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • mikeess

I have had the same happen.  I am able to login to digits using the Web or the Windows program, but on both my phones it tells me that I am logged in too many times.  I have checked on MyDigits and it currently shows nothing logged in.  I have tried to call 611, and they insist that I don't have a digits virtual line.  They are right, I am using 1 number multiple devices that has been included for free and I can still use it from the web.  On the second call, they were trying to "guess what the problem might be" 

Isn't there anyone on the digits team anymore? 

I have uninstalled, rebooted, turned off digits and back on and still nothing...

• mikeess

I have already done that.  No devices are connected. 

I can authenticate on web and on windows app. 

Screenshot_20171128-132935.jpg

• mikeess

I did try to get a ticket started, but the reps kept insisting that I didn't have a Digits number (do you train these folks?)  and finally the last guy was going to trouble shoot it himself, (when he isn't on the digits team...)  I have given up hope that this will be resolved and that I will have digits working again.

• debjitjdv

Wait a minute. Which device are you using? Is your SIM in the device a T-Mo SIM and the device is a T-Mo device? I understand that you exactly have one T-Mo line which is your sim line.

If it is a non T-MO device then follow the steps:

1. Log out of the DIGITS app in your mobile device. While logging out uncheck the tick box so that all the data of DIGITS get deleted.

2. Go to Settings -> App and look for DIGITS. Clear its DATA and CACHE.

3. Uninstall and reinstall DIGITS in the device and login.

Please report back and tag me if the problem persists.

• mikeess

debjitjdv Ok, it was working with BOTH phones.  What has changed is that it fails when it's validating the number.  It spins for a while and then presents that error message.

Both have T-Mobile Sims

Both are Samsung Unlocked phones

1 Note 8

1 S8+

I have uninstalled the app NUMEROUS times.  I have tried deleting the data, then uninstalling, and straight uninstalling.  NOTHING makes a difference as this appears to be a problem on the back end.

• mikeess

debjitjdv there is no "logging out of the app" as it is never "Logging in"  It is failing to log in.

• debjitjdv

mikeess :

Ok I got it. Thanks for working with me. Please do the following:

1, After the app fails to validate the number, click on Use Data Only. That will allow you to login to the app.

2. Once you are into the app,  go to the top left corner where you can see the gear sign. Tap it and enter into the App Settings.

3. Once you are in the App settings, click on the round checkbox beside Use minutes and data. At that point of time, the app will again ask your SIM number to validate. Put it there and wait for the verification code to arrive. Then put it and click ok. Your number should get verified.

Please keep me posted.