Gear s2 over heating while charging.

cesaribenitez95

So I notice everytime my gear s2 is expose to temp over 95°f it starts messing up. I turn it off and leaving on a cool place to cool down, it still acts up when I place to charge. Last time this happen I reset it and it worked like a charm. But not in the mood to be be resetting it over again... I live in Texas for crying out loud. So does anyone have any better ideas, cause I use it alot... Well i got did it my old watches.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Gear s2 over heating while charging.

Ahh man, that is pretty unfortunate! I have the Gear S2 as well and have yet to see that happen. I will admit, I rarely ever use it now that I have the Apple watch. Excessive heat is never good for any electrical device as I am sure you are aware but the watch should not be heating up like that on its own. I'm not sure what the specs are on the S2 processor but most processors should be able to handle at least 95 degrees haha.

I think that if it is starting to do this again and its happening more frequently, it may be time to start looking in to exchanging the device

• cesaribenitez95

Sadly when I called to do a warranty exchange the insurance was drop. I never request it to be removed and the rep told me that they can't find any note of remove. So they stated that they will adjust the remaining balance of the watch eip .... but I wanted a replacement and that can't be done.

• tmo_chris

Oh no! It has been awhile since I have been in an account but there is a way that our care teams can look at the feature history of a specific line. The history will show everything from the date added to the date removed and we could look at the notes around that day to see why it was removed. I would recommend hitting up T-Force on this one as it may need some more investigation

• cesaribenitez95

tmo_chris I went through my bill and the charge was drop 3 months ago, and no record of me calling in calling but I did go to a store and upgraded a line. Maybe the rep at the store re over it? But in any case I was offer to have the remianing EIP waived. So I took that now I have to make sure my insurance is being charged every month.