T-Mobile Tourist Plan doesn't ship outside the US

jm506

This seems like the most moronic thing ever. The $30, 21 day plan intended for visitors to the US can not be shipped outside the US.  How am I supposed to prepare for my trip if I cant order the sim card? The only way I can think of to get this card is to find a retail store in the US and then activate it while on vacation. I am not impressed.

All replies

• tidbits

Re: T-Mobile Tourist Plan doesn't ship outside the US

cards won't activate while roaming.  There is no point.

• tmo_marissa

Welcome, jm506! Glad to read you're considering our service for your trip. I can definitely appreciate that having the SIM in advance of travel would help set your mind at ease. We currently don't ship overseas -- SIMs or equipment -- and tidbits makes a great point about the SIM itself not being capable of activation on a roaming partner. If you have a credit card with a US billing address, you can pre-order the Tourist SIM kit and have it shipped to the hotel where you'll be staying or a friend or family's US address, but otherwise we'd be happy to help in the store when you arrive. We've got a bunch of storefronts, so hopefully there's one that's conveniently located for your travel plans -- you can take a look here: T-Mobile Near Me - Store Locator. That said, we appreciate the feedback and will pass it on.

- Marissa