Digits and WiFi calling using only one device

swolfe

I have no interest in using multiple devices, but I AM interested in being able to use Digits to function ONLY as a wifi calling service on my primary device. If it can't do this, please let me know as I will drop it. Plus, I DON'T want it to function as a texting device as I already have data texting through other apps and I don't want to get copies of the same SMS texts in both the Digits app and my normal texting app. I tried turning on airplane mode then turning on wifi so that I would not have mobile access but would have internet access. Then I tried to call my phone from another phone but it went straight to voicemail. The notification in the pulldown menu for android said Digits was "ready". I then tried to make a call out but it told me I would have to turn off airplane mode to make a call. How can I test it? I'm interested in wifi calling because there is one place I go to 3 hours from here with no cell signal and wifi calling would be helpful, but I don't want to drive 3 hours to test this.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Digits and WiFi calling using only one device

Hey there! You should be able to use DIGITS on a Wi-Fi only device. You will want to go into DIGITS and select settings. From there. You will want to choose the Use Data Only option. The thing is, if you are using your number in DIGITS, both calls and text messages sent to your number are going to come through. There is no way to disable one or the other in DIGITS.