EAP iOS DIGITS App (Feedback from DebuP)

debjitjdv

tmo_chris

I just got back my iPhone 6 from my friend and I accepted the Test Flight invitation for DIGITS. The first drawback and I guess which is the most important feature, the EAP DIGITS app failed to identify the DIGITS line in which the call is coming. Version 1.0.40 i.e. the public release version is still doing fine but the EAP version 1.1.0 is not able to identify the called DIGITS line.

Anyone else having the same issue?

All replies

• magenta2001173

I have been having the same issue The EAP DIGITS app failed to identify the DIGITS line in which the call is coming. Version 1.0.40 i.e. the public release version is still doing fine but the EAP version 1.1.0 is not able to identify the called DIGITS line.

• debjitjdv

Thanks magenta2001173 for confirming.

tmo_chris tmo_marissa we possibly need to file a bug report on this.

• debjitjdv

Re: EAP iOS DIGITS App (Feedback from DebuP)

tmo_chris tmo_marissa Looks like the iOS EAP app is more unstable than the iOS app we had during the time of BETA. I am facing some new problems which I have not seen reported yet.

1. Call drops with EAP version 1.1.0 have become a  hard reality. As soon as I go back to public version 1.0.40, everything starts working again fine.

2. The EAP version takes a long time upto 1 min to get the +1-413-417-XXXX number after I select a particular to call a number. It is happening both in LTE and in Wifi. I get pretty strong LTE at my home and work. In public version 1.0.40, this is almost instantaneous.

3. I need to try a couple of times to make the call. As soon as I initiate the call, it gets kind of non-responsive for sometime and then gets back to dialer screen of the DIGITS app. After couple of time, calls go through. This is certainly not good and public version has no issue like this.

Just for your info, the Android EAP version is going good and looks pretty stable to me. I have EAP Android version 1.1.2. I do not remember but someone in the community posted that they got EAP Version 1.1.2 in iOS. I am yet to receive it. Clearly iOS EAP version is having some difficulties in interacting with the network as it seems to me. Please get these reported.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • debjitjdv

tmo_chris tmo_marissa do we have a ticket filed for this? I think some major bug is slowing down the process in the EAP version.

• tmo_chris

Hey debjitjdv,

Sorry for the delay, I am going to send you a private message so we can get some bugs filed.

• debjitjdv

tmo_marissa

Replied to your email with some videos explaining the issue hands on.

• debjitjdv

tmo_marissa

There is one more issue I recently observed. And I believe that is related to the issue for DIGITS app not being able to identify which DIGITS line is being called. I am in TestFlight version 4.0.79 and App version 1.1.0 in iPhone 6 with iOS 10.3.3.

I have observed after prolonged non-use, if I go into the DIGITS app in my iPhone, the lines are being shown as inactive and even keeping the DIGITS app open for several minutes, the lines still stay inactive, Hence when I go to the messaging or call tab of the DIGITS app in iPhone, it says the lines are offline. The only way to bring back the lines is to swipe up the DIGITS app to kill it and restart it. I have verified the public version and it works fine. This problem is exclusive to the EAP version. Please get it reported.

• debjitjdv

tmo_marissa tmo_chris

I recently left the EAP iOS app and came to the public version (Version 1.1.1) available in App Store. I see the problems that I and other participants reported, most of them are still there for example,

1. Non identification of the DIGITS line
                                    2. Taking time to pop-up the +1-413-XXX-XXXX number after a number is dialed by selecting a DIGITS line.

Am I missing anything? Am I not on a Public Version? I am pretty sure because in TestFlight I explicitly removed myself from testing and installed the public version from App store. If these issues are there and the version is released to public, I am not sure what was the purpose of the EAP program and the feedbacks.