Device Protection that is not working...

roozbehid

I am wondering what is the use of paying for Device Protection that is not working?

I filed a claim for my Samsung Galaxy Note5 64gig and then Assurant sent me Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 32gig. I called them and told them the only reason I got Note is because of the Pen which I heavily use and their answer is take it or send it back to us. We do not have that device in our stock and so we sent you a similar and comparable device with more features!Like 32gig less and no pen in their mind means more features!

My question is I've paid 10 month worth of $10 for protection + $175 for deduction fee to get S6 Edge? So if this is how Device Protection work is it really worth it?I can buy S6 Edge for $250 at ebay.

They didnt even have the courtesy to send me S7 or S8 Edge, but had to go for few years older device to make more money!

So is it really how Assurant+Tmobile want to make money over insurance?Send older/cheaper devices by just saying we don't have them. Well t-mobile have them in their store why not go and buy from t-mobile and then send it to me?

I hope somebody from tmobile come and read this, I've been with tmobile for 7 years with a family plan of 10 but being screwed like this really feels bad right now!

All replies

• The way Insurance works is you break your device or have some non-repairable issue and in turn you get a refurbished device of the same model or if none are in stock you get a comparable model based upon either features and or price. This is clearly noted in the terms of agreement.

The reason you got an S6 Edge and not a Galaxy Note 5 is because Note 5 are hard to come by because they were used to replace Note 7. The reason you did not get an S7 or S8 is because those are worth more and are newer than comparable in stock items such as the S6 Edge.

• roozbehid

Re: Device Protection that is not working...

From t-mobile website(all refurb.) :

Samsung Galaxy Note5 : $400

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge : $406

Samsung Galaxy S7 : $382

---------------

Other websites (refurb.) :

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge : $280

So obviously S7 are more in price alignment with Note5 compared to S6 Edge! Not to mention my device was 64gig and all these prices are for 32g!

• tidbits

Re: Device Protection that is not working...

roozbehid wrote:

From t-mobile website(all refurb.) :

Samsung Galaxy Note5 : $400

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge : $406

Samsung Galaxy S7 : $382

---------------

Other websites (refurb.) :

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge : $280

So obviously S7 are more in price alignment with Note5 compared to S6 Edge! Not to mention my device was 64gig and all these prices are for 32g!

Those are T-Mobile prices not Assurant.  You go by comparable by the year, not by the device cost.  They have always done this, but Assurant should have told you which device and let you choose from a selection.  Even if you want to compare prices the Note 5 refurbished can be found for around $250-300 not the $400 T-Mobile charges.

Just a FYI - this goes for ALL carriers.  Insurers make the policies, and Carriers don't make money off insurance.  They are only offered because it's a "perk" that other carriers took on to be "competitive".  If all carriers dropped insurance then people would complain about not having the option(like how it was back before carriers signed on with underwriters). Insurance is actually worthless because unless you actually break your phone in multiple pieces it is cheaper to repair than it is to use insurance. Especially after the first 6 months of owning a device.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • I agree with insurance being worthless after x amount of time.....depending on which phone you have and depending on how many phones you have.

So far insurance has covered any device active at the time that the fault occurred.

I have 4 phones I use on one line ranging from $200 to $800. Sure that means I have backup devices but $10 a month is good for me if I break the $800 one. And for only $5 exchange fee I'm only out a screen protector. I have bad luck sometimes with OS updates so the extended warranty helps there. Not to mention some phones....G4...have bootloop issues that come out of nowhere, ZTE quirks that come along with small updates that were meant to fix one thing but breaks new things and never gets fixed, and the occasional iOS flare up in its own way.

But most folks have 1 phone and so after about the first year insurance is more than the repair unless stolen.