Duplicate and false desktop notifications

magenta2242486

I often get a duplicate notification on desktop (Win10) quite a long time after receiving the initial message.

Message will arrive, and notification will pop up correctly.

Some time later (eg 30mins) the same notification will pop up again for no apparent reason.

Sometimes then after receiving a new message, the notification will incorrectly display for the previous message.

Is this a known issue? Any fix planned?

Thanks

All replies

• tmo_chris

Hmmm! I have never seen this issue before. Is this happening 100% of the time with all messages? DO you use DIGITS on any of your phones? If so, do you see the same behavior or is this limited to the downloadable desktop client?

• magenta2242486

I have it installed on an Android tablet but rarely use it so can't say if the notification behavior is the same. I have also installed it on my phone with my main digits line to better Sync SMS conversations (if I send an SMS from the desktop app there's no way to see it on my phone as an SMS other than through the Digits app) and rarely see any notifications at all. I only installed it on my phone recently and was having the issue on the desktop app before. Overall, notification behavior is pretty spotty.

• tmo_chris

Oh okay, thanks for clarifying. If you are using a device that does not have built in DIGITS functionality, sending SMS from the native client will not display in the outgoing SMS threads you have in DIGITS. This is a known limitation at this time and we are working with device OEMs to get more support for native DIGITS. I would recommend testing out messaging a bit more and try deleting some of the newer message threads altogether and seeing if they start duplicating. If this continues to happen, we will more than likely need to open a ticket with our engineers to see why you are getting these duplicate messages.

Also, try to take note of the times/dates and numbers these messages are duplicating. It will be helpful to know if they tend to be from the same sender or not.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • tmo_marissa

Hey, magenta2242486! Just wanted to check in here and see if you'd had a chance to look over Chris's reply. Did you have the opportunity to delete some threads and see if this is still happening?

- Marissa