What happened to the loyalty program?

magenta2246303

Been with T mobile for over 14 years and enjoyed the loyalty programs years ago which have disappeare. I recently paid of my EIP payment on my iPhones and have been enticed by the current offers of the other carriers at this point, so decided to approach T-Mobile with an option to match or offer a better deal to stay another 14 years if possible, but boy was I wrong and surprised. They basically told me to move on because they have no better deal to keep me. I will be canceling and not looking back which is a shame because new customers get everything under the sun to join.

All replies

• tidbits

Re: What happened to the loyalty program?

Have fun at your new carrier.  Hope the switch is worth it. 

• cesaribenitez95

@magenta2246303 What tidbits was pointing out is that Verizon gives a somewhat decent deal on a phone to new customers but the price on the plan is still high. It's Marketing Magic, don't get me wrong they do have better coverage, but why would you pay to have service in the middle of nowhere. I live San Antonio, TX, I have about 95% of  the time at 5 bars. Now when I'm driving down to McAllen, TX, it goes down to 75% till I hit city limits. Now I am not coming and going all the time so why pay more for the just in case I do go for the trip.

• magenta2246303

The main point of the discussion is their is no loyalty left in T-Mobile period. 14 years is not common with customers these days with so many cell providers offering deals, so retaining loyal customers should be of priority to providers or at least attempted is all I'm saying. If I have to pay extra to Verizon, AT&T or sprint at this point won't matter to me after the conversation with the representative today because my long years of commitment with T-Mobile showed me it is moot to them.

Sent from my iPhone

• tidbits

magenta2246303 wrote:

The main point of the discussion is their is no loyalty left in T-Mobile period. 14 years is not common with customers these days with so many cell providers offering deals, so retaining loyal customers should be of priority to providers or at least attempted is all I'm saying. If I have to pay extra to Verizon, AT&T or sprint at this point won't matter to me after the conversation with the representative today because my long years of commitment with T-Mobile showed me it is moot to them.

Sent from my iPhone

What deals are you talking about?  I would like to see these, and FYI I deal with 3 or the 4 major providers, and their deals are not always deals unless you factor in coverage in your area relative to cost.

The above like I mention the $60 a month more I would be paying I would rather buy my devices outright and stick with T-Mobile than go to Verizon.  That comes out to $720 a year, and that doesn't even factor in device purchases for Verizon.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                    • magenta2246303

Never mentioned devices because my devices are fully paid for and not plan purchasing another anytime soon and believe me T-Mobile service is ok but has its flaws in my area which I had to get a hotspot modem in my home to receive reception upstairs of my home. T-Mobile is not my issue, the representatives and customer service is what has downgraded over the years.

Sent from my iPhone

• cesaribenitez95

What offer you are you talking about? Because I almost match your age with tmobile, and I have 14 active lines. I have looked into other carries and they cant even being to match what tmobile offers me.... on other words... share the wealth!  

• magenta2246303

Sprint offers unlimited  with the first line for 50$ and second line for $40 and my 3rd line for free as I'm paying 100$ for 2 lines and 40$ for my 3rd line through T-Mobile

Sent from my iPhone

• tidbits

magenta2246303 wrote:

Sprint offers unlimited with the first line for 50$ and second line for $40 and my 3rd line for free as I'm paying 100$ for 2 lines and 40$ for my 3rd line through T-Mobile

Sent from my iPhone

Only good for 1 year (Sept 30, 2018) and everything goes back to regular price.  Must purchase a device on a payment plan for all the lines, and have auto pay.  In most states regulatory, taxes, and fees comes out to be around $26 for 3 lines.  Also if you end up roaming heavily with Sprint(dealt with this first hand) they'll terminate your contract and often will try and force you to pay off the devices or if you are under contract force you to pay the termination fee for it.  Just for food for thought.  Remember when I said I deal with 3 of the 4 major carriers.  It used to be 4, and it's a long story and I posted here and on Verizon's forums about it. 

Sprint Unlimited plan: Activ. Fee: Up to $30/line. Credit approval req. Sprint Unlimited Freedom Plan: Incl. unlimited domestic Long Distance calling, texting & data with mobile optimized video, gaming & music streaming & 5GB of high-speed Mobile Hotspot, VPN & P2P data. After the 5GB, MHS, VPN & P2P usage limited to 2G speeds. Third-party content/downloads are add’l. charge. Sel. int’l. svc. incl. see sprint.com/globalroaming. Plan not avail. for tablets/MBB devices. Avail. on discounted phones for add’l. $25/mo./line. AutoPay: to receive $5/mo. discount you must remain enrolled in AutoPay. Quality of Svc. (QoS): Customers who use more than 23GB of data during a billing cycle will be deprioritized during times & places where the Sprint network is constrained. See sprint.com/networkmanagement for details. Usage Limitations: To improve data experience for the majority of users, throughput may be limited, varied or reduced on the network. Sprint may terminate svc. if off-network roaming usage in a mo. exceeds: (1) 800 min. or a majority of min.; or (2) 100MB or a majority of KB. Prohibited network use rules apply—see sprint.com/termsandconditions. Other Terms: Offer/coverage not avail. everywhere or for all phones/networks. Restrictions apply. See store or sprint.com for details. @ 2017 Sprint. All rights reserved. Sprint & logo are trademarks of Sprint. Other marks are property of their respective owners.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                      • cesaribenitez95

tidbits .... savage much? But  @magenta2246303tidbits is right, or were you told by the sprint rep all the details? Because that would be horrible service if the rep did not tell you up front, or at lease told you to read the fine print. And the 1% percent difference talk.... they are comparing there current network data to Verzion out of date network data. In fact I used to work for sprint, and the truth of the matter is they didnt care back then I really doubt that they changed.

• tidbits

cesaribenitez95 wrote:

tidbits .... savage much? But @magenta2246303, tidbits is right, or were you told by the sprint rep all the details? Because that would be horrible service if the rep did not tell you up front, or at lease told you to read the fine print. And the 1% percent difference talk.... they are comparing there current network data to Verzion out of date network data. In fact I used to work for sprint, and the truth of the matter is they didnt care back then I really doubt that they changed.

Nah I was making sure s/he knew what they were getting into.  From what I gathered he is looking around $170 a month because he would need a device payment, and then you add taxes and fees if he got $15 a month devices for 3 of those lines.  That would add up to $360 a year more than what is currently being paid since the devices are owned.  After 1 year the price goes back to normal, and I can't find exactly how much that is per line currently.  That's kind of shady if you ask me.

• cesaribenitez95

And also T-mobile devices are not compatible with sprint...... Now in reversal  yes.

• smplyunprdctble

*shrug*

I've been with T-Mobile almost 14 years.

My "loyalty" is they let me grandfather my plan from about 8 years ago.  Being a single person with a single line, I'm paying less than any of my friends who have a single line with any carrier (including T-Mobile).  The only person I know who pays less than me [for a single line] is my mother (who is on WalmartFamilyMobile on a dumbphone).

All carriers have their marketing ploys.  T-Mobile just has fewer ploys than the rest, in my opinion.  If you feel you're unhappy with T-Mobile, by all means, leave (there's no contract).  Just be warned that the grass isn't always greener on the other side, and the plan you're currently on may not be available when you come back.

(Though, if you're leaving, look at ProjectFi -- you have to buy a new phone with any carrier to get their "deal", why not look at a plan that charges you only for what you use?  You can't get more efficient than that!)

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                • magenta2246303

This conversation went left quickly, as I was basically stating that I remember when T-Mobile offered loyalty plans to customers that have been with them for a long time, and would never allow a loyal customer to cancel without trying to satisfy them. All the carriers are crooks these days but at least be nice when you screw me over!

Sent from my iPhone

• cesaribenitez95

magenta2246303 wrote:

This conversation went left quickly, as I was basically stating that I remember when T-Mobile offered loyalty plans to customers that have been with them for a long time, and would never allow a loyal customer to cancel without trying to satisfy them. All the carriers are crooks these days but at least be nice when you screw me over!

Sent from my iPhone

They still do, I can get most offers that new customers get. Now there are 3rd parties offers don't count. So with that being said: WHAT DO YOU WANT? How can T-mobile made it better? Cause other that a bad rep that needs to either get fired or have a realty check and you getting an apology I have no idea.

• tidbits

magenta2246303 wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

T-Mobile just had a promotion just like Sprint did not too long ago and you could have switched to that one.  We see the same arguments on other carrier forums.  I have been with XYZ carrier for 10+ years I deserve ABC or some type of deal.
                                        Loyalty is just a marketing tool.  I like T-Mobile, but I would never be loyal to them.  If I get better service for a cheaper price I am there no questions ask. 

• cesaribenitez95

snn_555, all you have to do is active a new line of service, now once i reach to my 15th line then I have to deactivate  or change over my data only lines. Their a very few deals that a current cx can not get and most are from 3rd party.

• cesaribenitez95

Ok on 3rd party deals T-Mobile has no says so on what the requirements are. Also if you go to the one doing the promo, they will just tell you that's how it is. 

• magenta2246303

Once again the conversation has drifted to me wanting what other Carriers offer which is nice but I'm wondering what happened to T-Mobile loyalty programs they offered years back that were for customers that have been with them for years? These programs took time of being with them to be offered and very exclusive and amazing.

Sent from my iPhone

• cesaribenitez95

Which they made you an offer and by the sounds of it, it is something that a new customer can not get. So they did made an offer, maybe its not one you like. In the end if the offer that t-mobile has to offer do not suit you then you're more than welcome to choose another carrier. Just remember once canceled any offers are void. Also by the looks of things no actual tmobile has chime in. I think its best that you call back and see if they have another offer for you.

• cesaribenitez95

Wow then the deal I have is a steal 14, 4 data only and 10 voice for 410 a month

• cesaribenitez95

In fact I think I pay more on devices than on my actual bill