lvmickey

Has anyone else had issues with T-Mobile coverage in areas where T-mobile says you will have service?  We are having horrible issues with my parents who live in Arkansas getting the service they need along major interstates.  My mom is much more sensitive to it and has issues traveling between bigger towns along major interstates that T-Mobile says she should have service on her iPhone 7 plus.  T-mobile thus far has done nothing every time we have requested any kind of update.  They have a new store in Jacksonville, AR and I can name a several places within 2 miles of the store that we either don't have service or the service is so degraded the phone is unusable for even Voice calls.  If you expect to go to a place you should have proper service there and you should have service along interstates.

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: Arkansas Coverage

Your complaint is not uncommon. When you look at a large area on T-Mobile's coverage maps, everything is a dark magenta. Only when you zoom way in do they show gradations of service: (Excellent, Good, Fair). Most people have come to understand that "Fair" actually means "maybe (on a good day)".

Now, Jacksonville, per se, should have good to excellent coverage with an iPhone 7.  What level of service do the maps predict at the areas where you have coverage problems? Also, FYI, it's only anecdotal but there seem to be more coverage complaints with iPhones that with other type devices.

P.S. Take a look at the coverage maps on Sensorly.com and RootMetrics.com to see if they match your experience.

• lvmickey

My experience is if it is less than dark magenta on the detailed map then it is a maybe. If it is a pale pink it's a not gonna happen. To give you an idea my mom gets no service from the Main Street exit in Searcy (way before that actually) to Race St in Searcy.  My brother lives in Quitman and she used to have service (via the AT&T partnership) at his house. In the last couple of months nothing.

• drnewcomb2

That doesn't sound normal. Most of the time, I get service in Excellent, Good and a certain way into Fair. Where I run out of signal is out in the far reaches of "Fair" coverage.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • tmo_chris

I know how important it is to have reliable coverage If you are in an area that says we should have coverage and you are just not getting it, we will need to take a closer look at that location and have our engineers investigate it. If you have some time, please Contact Us so we can get a service ticket sent up for you.