drnewcomb2

I was back out at NASA Stennis Space Center (SSC) today. For about 9 years as a customer of DigiPH, Powertel and eventually T-Mobile, I regularly pointed out the need for improved service at Stennis. Now, 8 years after retiring, I still find T-Mobile service at SSC abysmal to non-existent. The thing is that ALL the other carriers (Sprint, Verizon & AT&T) have good service at SSC via a huge tower right in the middle of the facility. But T-Mobile is tail-end-charlie with zero to two bars outside, depending on which side of the building you're standing on. No service inside and NASA's visitor WiFi seems to block the ports needed for WiFi Calling. Maybe before I die T-Mobile will catch up. If the company only understood how one site could make potential customers of thousands of high-tech scientists, engineers and technicians, they might give this some priority. As it is, none of these people will have T-Mobile.

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: NASA Stennis Space Center

Good gosh, I see exactly what you're talking about. Coverage doesn't look very strong in the area and it sounds like there's a definite need. Thanks for the suggestion. A nice tower upgrade has potential to bring in new customers as you mentioned.

• drnewcomb2

Re: NASA Stennis Space Center

Amanda, This was just my annual gripe about the situation. I've complained about it so frequently that I have at least one e-mail from the Regional VP for Engineering & Operations acknowledging the problem. I try not to bug people at that level very frequently, but I needed to vent.