Refund impossible to have from T-Mobile

afenel

Hello everyone,

I called T-Mobile to order an international service one week ago but the representative didn't understand me well and he created a new postpaid line. I paid $79.24 upfront (That wasn't what I wanted, so I have tried to cancel the order.

I have never had a confirmation email for the order, so I didn't have any order number or whatever.

So to cancel it was a big mess, I spent few hours of my life to explain why I have ordered this and why I have nothing to help T-Mobile representatives to find it.

Finally, I went super crazy and a supervisor called me back. She successfully cancelled the order and gave me a refund number.

However, I still don't have any refund and when I call the customer care service, they switch me from people to people like I was a little puppy running after a soccer ball. No one wants to understand.

I need support on this or I'll just fill a claim with my bank, which will obviously put a mess in this story but I really don't care since T-Mobile isn't able at all to take care of my needs.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Refund impossible to have from T-Mobile

I am so sorry to hear that you have had to go through so much just trying to get international service from us. Do you know if the refund was already processed by our teams? If so, it can take a few days for the funds to be sent back to your bank account. Please let me know if you are still having issues with this refund.

• tidbits

how long have you waited?

When it comes to refunds depending on bank may take up to a week.  If it is over $1,000 then it may take longer than that.  Generally it usually happens within 5 days.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • tmo_chris

Just checking in here to see how things are going. Did you receive your refund yet?

• afenel

No, I didn't receive my refund.

I had someone over the phone who told me that I have to wait up to 30 days. Is this a common delay ???

• tmo_chris

That sounds a bit long. Although, if this was an entire new account that was created and we canceled it/credited the charges, the system will automatically send any available credit balance back to you after the final billing cycle closes. This may be why you were told up to 30 days but in all actuality, it could be a lot sooner.

• estrella1022

T-Mobile has the absolute worst protocol for these situations. I placed my order for an iPhone 8 Plus on Nov. 10th, it was scheduled to arrive on the 14th. Once it got to my nearest UPS hub (7:57pm), just 30min away from my house, I decided i'll just call and have them hold it there for me. The next morning I called and they said it was already out for delivery, even though the status did not say that. Later that day I expected it to arrive and of course it did not, so I called the next morning and they told me the same exact thing, its out for delivery expect it by 8pm the latest. I told the rep "that's absolutely false" and she said they'd look into it and call me back "within the hour". So 4 hours later I received a call from a UPS regional manager saying that the package was lost and to have the sender file a claim, no apologies or anything. I called T-Mobile customer service and they said it would take 3-5 days for the investigation to be closed and then another 3-5 days for me to receive my refund, but "If you want you can place another order for you iPhone and expect it to arrive within 5 business days. The most absurd thing I've ever from a customer service rep in my life. Pay for two phones and MAYBE you'll get it in the mail. I'm done with T-Mobile after my contract is up. The same thing happened to me with Sprint when I ordered my iPhone 5 a few years back and they sent me a new phone NEXT DAY AIR no questions asked. That's what a real cellular provider is supposed to do. Stop using UPS they're obviously employing thieves.

• nelfar212

tmo_marissa, This is the exact type of situation where customers should be allowed to utilize a TMO store to resolve these types of Issues. TMO has a record of the IMEI, so that's easy block it. It would be as simple as Notating the customer account, which would allow them to go to the nearest T-Mobile authorized retailer to get a device on the spot or provide the option to the customer to have shipped out a new phone Immediately next day air.

I realize this error isn't on TMO, however, this needs to be forwarded up the chain for review.  This is something the 1st line CSR's used to be able to do without supervisor approval.

As you know, I'm a big advocate for TMO, just today, the rebate team called me( to put the final touches on my unique situation) I hung up more than satisfied. This is the experience I'd like to see for the other TMO customers who have legitimate issues.  

To the other customers, some times we do need to be patient. I cannot go into details, my issue is over 30 days old. TMO has done an excellent job of rectifying my issue.

estrella1022 my advice reach out to the T-Force on FB/Twitter or contact customer care an asked for this issue to be escalated up. 

• estrella1022

Im waiting for a TMO rep on twitter to contact me back right now, I just

want to get my refund in a timely matter, because 30 days is absurd. It

should be 3-5 days maximum like most reputable companies. If I choose to

renew my contract with TMO, which is highly unlikely at this moment, I

certainly won't be placing orders over the phone ever again. I'd rather

have less signal coverage with Sprint, surprisingly they treat their

customers much better. I expected more from TMO.

• nelfar212

I understand, Sprint unfortunately cannot get another dime from me, my horror story started when my phone was stolen, I reported it right away and placed and insurance replacement to at the same time, well the rep forgot to deactivate my phone and the person who found it ran my bill up to $3000.00 making overseas calls. sprint refused to reverse the charges, charged me all sort of fees. I told them I would formally dispute the charges, I wasn't paying for something I wasn't responsible for. I called back and asked to speak to retentions depts. the rep hung up on me, I called back got hung up on again, the last time I called the rep refused to transfer me to I explained why. At this point I'm furious,  I was done. well of course they reported it to the credit bureau...

My Employer Uncle Sam forced me to pay the debt to maintain my security clearance so reluctantly I paid it. wasn't worth me  losing my job. However since Sprint stole 3k from me that will never get any money from me. I was glad when I heard the T-MO sprint merger fell though because I would have left TMO, I'm a man of principal.  

• tmo_chris

My goodness estrella1022! I am so sorry that your phone was lost in transit! We want to make sure that we get another one sent out to you ASAP, Did you hear back from our T-Force team yet?