blue51546

So I recently received an unlock email from tmobile. I got an unlock code and the steps to complete the process of unlocking my iPhone 6s. It said after 24 hours, insert the non-T-mobile sim card in, which I did... and it says No SIM. While having the new SIM in, I checked my setting > general > carrier and it still says TMobile. Does that mean my iPhone is still locked to Tmobile? And does it take more than 24 hours? Or is there something wrong with the new non-tmobile sim?

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: iPhone 6s Unlock

You might have to try a different SIM. It sounds to me like the phone is just not able to read the SIM you provided. I have one SIM that works fine in other phones but simply will not work in an old iPhone 3GS and no one seems to be able to explain why.

If you don't mind my asking, what company is the other SIM from?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tidbits

unlocking an iPhone you need to do

factory reset without using backup.  Let it finish the process with the T-mobile sim in it.

Once that is complete you can restore the backup.  So far this has always been the most effective way to unlock an iPhone.

• snn_555

The phone isn't seeing the SIM card. If it wasn't activated it would still see it. It's on T-Mobile because that was the last used APN settings. When you insert a working and activated sim the phone will read it and update.

You may may need to give it more time or check with whoever you bought the sim from.

• orodrig23

If your device says "No SIM" it simply isn't recognizing that there is any SIM card inserted at all. You may have an issue in your SIM card tray on the device. The good news is that Verizon iOS devices are sold unlocked out of the box. So compatibility is not your problem here, it's the hardware.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey there blue51546 !

Looks like you got some great help from our community folks. I'm just stopping by to see if you were able to get this resolved. Please come back and let us know Thanks!