device unlock part deux

magenta2149118

I had perm. unlocked my s6 edge plus approx 5 months ago .a week ago I find out it is no longer unlocked

contacted service reps 7 to be exact and 2 supervisors  all saying the same thing.   me, my device whatever are eligible for  perm unlock. told they are escalating it . what exactly are they escalating i dont know . and told  i would receive an email with the steps to unlock . not  needed  since we use the app right. so today after 96 hours nothing i contact service reps again and they tell me  it can be up to 14 days because all the info is sent to manufactuer to handle it. but it clearly states the manufactuer has no unlock code for this device  can only be unlocked thru app.  and  this 14 day  deal is not in any docs i have read. nor is the send to manufactuer. and why in the last 4 days and 7 reps did not one mention this 14 day deal or manufactuer . it just slipped  they're minds all of them.

All replies

• e2k

Re: device unlock part deux

The additional time for unlocking is part of the CTIA Mobile Wireless Device Unlocking Voluntary Commitment, to which T-Mobile is a signatory. It states, in part:

Response Time. Within two business days after receiving a request, carriers will unlock eligible mobile wireless devices or initiate a request to the OEM to unlock the eligible device, or provide an explanation of why the device does not qualify for unlocking, or why the carrier reasonably needs additional time to process the request.

If the issue persists, I suggest contacting T-Force.

To contact T-Force

Go to the Contact Us page and use the Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus link under in the “Social Support” section.

1 of 1 people found this helpful