Go Flip Bluetooth connect to car

irvsp

New phone, pre-paid plan. Linked it to my car with no problems. Car (Buick Enclave) will show the signal strength and battery condition. When first paired the phone asked for permission to allow the car to use my contacts and data. I agree (but I really didn't have anything in them). All seemed well.

Today as I was driving I noticed there were NO BARS showing for the signal on the car? Huh? So I opened the phone and I had the request to allow the car to share the data again? Confirmed and the signal bars then showed the proper amount. OK, figured I was done?

Nope, came back in the car and the same thing happened? However the next stop and getting back in did not?

So I have 2 questions:

1. Since I keep the phone in my pocket, will I be able to use the car to call if that prompt is showing on the phone and the car shows no bars? The bars disappear sometime after I've driven for awhile. It doesn't happen immediately.
    2. Did I mess a setting and that is causing the request to occur over and over?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Go Flip Bluetooth connect to car

Welcome, irvsp! I have to say, the basics covered here Bluetooth: Alcatel GO Flip don't reference the permissions pop-up, and double checking the User manual: Alcatel GO Flip didn't offer much more insight! Generally speaking though, it sounds like the connectivity between your car and the device is static. I know it's been a few days - have you seen this happen again since your post? Have you had a chance to test trying to place a call when this happens? I'm definitely interested to know whether the pairing is still considered complete while that prompt is pending.

- Marissa

• irvsp

@tmo_marissa, it happened EVERY time except ONCE... I normally have my phone in my pocket and then get in the car and start it. While I'm driving I notice the reception bars shown on my Entertainment unit display. Most of the time it is ZERO bars, occasionally 1 bar. Once I can stop and get the phone out of my pocket I can open it and see it is waiting for me to CONFIRM that the car has access to my contacts and data... and once I confirm that then the entertainment unit shows the same a bars as on the phone. This 'feature' is VERY annoying and I can see ANYWAY to disable this!!!

On top of that, my battery is emptying very rapidly. Over 20% lost every day and the spec's are 11 days Standby. Phone is hardly used, just sits on the Kitchen counter and we take it with us when we go out. Have made all of 1 call on it since I got it.

I get noticed as well that indicate the connection has dropped sometimes, a REG99 error, and many times a day (not always again, but it has happened a few days) notice that I can make calls on WIFI now. NO OTHER device in the house has dropped WiFi signal (I know, I checked the router log).

I called Support this morning, it took SIX transfers to different people with NO RESOLUTION. I didn't even bring up the car problem! Thought is maybe I have a bad battery, phone, or even 'that is what it does'. Less than 4 days standby is ridiculous. I'll be going into a store tomorrow in hopes that they can help.

I know this phone is NEW, supposedly released in mid-May. The manual is so rudimentary and void of real explanations of most settings it is almost a joke. Even Support wasn't fully aware of the phone and its features. For instance on Page 2 which is the diagram of the phone, the Call Waiting key isn't annotated nor the Speakerphone and the manual has NO mention of Speaker phone but the spec's call it out. Finally saw it on a call for the right softkey as it was labeled that. Page 9 for the phone icons do NOT show one I get? It is like the one that is the 3rd from the bottom, Missed Call, but I have that Handset with 3 rounded lines above it. No, I do NOT have missed calls. I can't find in the Manual ANY words of Network and Connection in settings, and most options are NOT explained at all, like VoLTE, it is either on or off, but no mention of what it is (Voice over LTE), what is the default, and what happens if you turn it off.

Seriously, that manual needs to be re-written to be totally useful.

Between the BT prompt to give permissions EVERY time I'm in the car (no, I don't know if calls will go through if I don't do that) and then when I'm driving I might be distracted by this if I should need to make a car and the VERY SHORT battery life I am a VERY UNHAPPY customer. Worse, I transferred my number to the phone from Verizon, and I'm running out of options... and I've been told that not only is this the ONLY PRE-PAID flip phone they have, it is also on back-order.

Can you help me at all? Hopefully I'll get some help/satisfaction when I go to the store tomorrow, but I may be optimistic on this.

• tmo_marissa

Yikes! That's quite a laundry list of issues! When it comes to this device and our internal Known Issues list, I have to tell you -- it's a ghost town. The only thing we've got reported at this point is the fact that the film needs to be removed to improve sound quality! Since this particular BT quirk isn't referenced at all in the manual version or the internal content we have or the one you received with the phone, I'm wondering if Alcatel might be able to shed some light on whether or not this is expected? Have you had a chance to reach out to them at all?
                Regarding the REG99 error, that's definitely something we'd need you to Contact Us regarding -- I'm guessing that's why you were directed to pick up a SIM, right? How did that work out for you? Are you connecting to Wi-Fi now?

- Marissa

• irvsp

TMO_Marrissa,

The STORE is USELESS, it is a Prepaid and they will NOT do anything.

I've not contacted Alcatel, I figured T-Mobile should know?

I did GOOGLE the battery life and found these:

http://devicehelp.boostmobile.com/document/faq/GO_FLIP/Boost_Mobile/en/FAQs_related_to_the_battery_on_your_Alcatel_GO_FLIP

One thing it says is enable WiFi, yet the store told me to TURN OFF WiFi

and BT to conserve battery life. I went home, charged the battery to

100% and turned them off. 24 hours later checked the battery, 81% full.

With them both on, it was around the same.

Another link to conserve battery power:

http://devicehelp.boostmobile.com/scenario/GO_FLIP/Boost_Mobile/en/Conserve_Battery_Life

It wants the BT OFF???? I've got everything else covered but Power

Saving which turns off BT which I want. Store told me to turn it off and

then on when I get in the car, and off again when I get out if I need

BT... that is DUMB!!!

Sprint has the SAME info...

More, this time T-Mobile:

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-35611

Note it says WiFi and BT OFF...

I did get a call back yesterday from Support and checked what happened

with the store. 'We' were exploring getting a different phone. The next

one up, a $100 smartphone. It has (by spec) a longer Standby time and BT

4.0 vs. 3.0 in the Go Flip (which could be the request for sharing

contact cause everytime?). He called the store and checked if they had

one and they did. The idea was I was going to go in, buy that and then

RMA the Go Flip. Went into the store and they said they didn't have any?

Couldn't do anything since I bought the phone via the 800#. Not even

exchange the battery.

This morning I tried Support AGAIN!!!  Best they can do is REPLACE the

whole phone, but I'm in a predicament at this time. We're leaving on

Sunday and wouldn't have time to possibly get the replacement Go Flip

AND mail back the old one. I'm running out of runway on my 20 days to

return it too. I need the phone when we're away so I can't chance it.

I'll probably try when we return again to get it exchanged.

What blows my mind is NO ONE seems to know anything about the phone, at

least the BT problem and EXACTLY how long the battery should work with

Standby? I have the phone next to the computer now and occasionally I

get a NOTICE that I will be making calls via the network. Why I don't

know? I've checked my Router logs and it NEVER disconnects. Either this

is a bad phone, or possibly the firmware is buggy? Still, I wish someone

would/could say definitively if I have a bad phone or battery or not?

Asking me to disable settings I need is NOT a good answer. Matter of

fact, there is probably other problems too. I was talking to Support

today via the phones Speaker Phone. They kept telling me I was breaking

up. I was NOT on WiFi at the time either. Doesn't bode well for the

phone, but worse, to me at least, no one in Support seems to care or

want to dig and get me happy.

I hope you can help on this matter...

• irvsp

Oh, the REG99 errors have stopped now? Don't know why?

What 'film' are you talking about? Did I miss removing some? I still

have the film on the screens. Hmm, I bet that silver bar above the

screen IS the mic? Film does cover it, but when I tested the phone and

called our land line it was clear? I guess I should remove it.

• tmo_marissa

Hey, irvsp! Sorry for the delayed reply -- your message came in right as my weekend started! From your response, it sounds like I might be catching you at a bad time, since you mentioned that you're leaving town today, but I wanted to check in nonetheless. It's a bummer to read that you haven't felt supported when reaching out for help. It might take some time to communicate in this medium, but we do want to help get to the bottom of these issues!

Did that REG99 error stay away? The basic troubleshooting for it is on our Wi-Fi Calling problems page, but it's an error that can appear when certain IMS/Wi-Fi calling 2.0 devices are connected to certain routers or devices, and if troubleshooting doesn't help, it requires a trouble ticket be filed by our Tech team. Typically, we'd send an OTA (over the air) fix, perform a Master Reset if that wasn't helpful, and test the SIM in another device if the error persists and an alternate is an option. Did we send anything over the air to your phone? Do you still have Wi-Fi calling enabled? If we didn't send an update to your device, and you've still got Wi-Fi calling turned on, then it may be that the new SIM solved this problem (which would be great)!

Regarding the BT prompt, I get wanting to know if this is expected behavior or if the phone's buggy -- and your timeline (wanting to know the answer prior to the Buyer's Remorse return period) is understandable. The info we're provided by the manufacturer for Bluetooth steps is, in this device's case, identical to what you see here on Support. I will say that because of the differences in Bluetooth specifications, different paired devices can behave in radically different ways -- sometimes the basic BT functionality will still work, but with "quirks". On the surface, this feels like more of a quirk or bug than an expected behavior to me, since you mentioned that it's happening while driving, but didn't happen when you left the vehicle and entered again. I was hunting around the Buick site to find a compatibility list, but it looks like you need to enter the year in addition to the model -- can you check it out here and see if it lists the Go Flip for your Enclave? I'm sure you paired your previous phone to your car and didn't see these messages -- can I ask if you see extra prompts on the phone when you're pairing it with anything else (if you've had a chance to try that)?

The "standby time" for a phone's battery life in tech specs references the length of time the manufacturer has advised that the phone will maintain power without being used in any way -- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth processes running in the background do use battery, which is why we typically recommend turning those things off to conserve battery life. :/ I totally agree that turning them off when they're things that you rely on isn't realistic. Earlier you mentioned you were getting four days on standby -- is that with or without Wi-Fi/BT on? By standby do you mean no use or light use? If the device isn't being used during this period, then I agree that this is a pretty big difference between the specs we've been given!

Sorry for the wall of text here, but I'm interested in any updates or input you've got when you have some time! I hope you're travelling safely.

-Marissa

• irvsp

Marissa, REG99 has stoppe, don't know why.

Battery is the REAL problem and it is getting worse. Yes, wifi and but is left on. I charged it to 100%. Each day I checked the percentage and lost about 20% a day. One day I looked and it was at 54%. Next day it was DEAD! Couldn't turn it on. Charge started at 0%! Unacceptable!

I'm out of the remorse time, hopefully I can get it exchanged as defective?

checked the BT on Buick page, NOT listed. However the car is 2015 and this phone wasn't made then, but older Alcatel phones are. might be because this one is BT 3 and others, and car I think is  BT 4?

• tmo_marissa

irvsp, I'm glad the REG 99 error is no more, no matter what the reason why. I'm sorry to hear that the battery issues are worsening! Since it was so recently purchased, the battery itself may actually be under warranty, so you might not have to replace the entire device -- please Contact Us so that we can take a look and help out with that!

Regarding the BT, it's tough to say whether it's not listed because the device wasn't made yet, or whether it's because of the specific BT technology. :/ If you wind up getting the entire device replaced rather than just looking into replacing the battery, then I'd definitely be interested to know if the replacement interacts with your Buick's system the same way!

- Marissa

• irvsp

@Marissa, just got back from a cruise.

I'll call support and see what they can do for me. I'd be annoyed if it

is the phone though. To be 'safe' I think I'll want a phone replacement.

I was sort of worried about the battery. I fully charged it before we

left for the cruise and it was at 93% when I turned it physically off.

Was not sure what would happen during the week. Well, it did turn on

this morning and showed 93%. Sort of makes me feel it has to be the

phone draining the battery. Like I said I tested with both WiFi and BT

turned off and the battery discharged at the same rate, about 20% +/-

per day. I only get 1 to 2 bars of T-Mobile signal in the house though.

Hope that isn't the problem? Suspect not because even when out of the

house with all bars showing the battery decay rate is the same.

Got ANOTHER question.. Voicemail (manual section 3.1)... Says hold the 1

key down, which DOES get me to it. However I can NOT find anything that

will alert me that THERE IS Voicemail waiting for me? No Icon on the

Status bar it seems? Can you locate any info on this?

Oh, Alcatel Support, well, at best I'd say they are NON-RESPONSIVE...

Before I left I put a query into their forum. Got and e-mail back a day

later asking for the MODEL number? I guess using T-Mobile and Go Flip

(in the Go Flip) section wasn't enough? How many model of this could

they have. Again, before I left I responded back with 4044W... have

HEARD nothing since. Just sent e-mail asking for a response.

• irvsp

I could almost SCREAM!!!

I tried to get the phone exchanged. First person I talked to reviewed my

record of calls and said ALL that was on it was I was having a battery

problem. Couldn't do ANYTHING, passed me off to a Technician. Had to

EXPLAIN everything yet again. She wanted me to do some tests, but I

explained everything that was done prior. She then wanted to 'research'

the web and internal records for other Go Flip users with problems. Came

back and said she couldn't find any. Wanted me to check the battery to

see if it was swollen, leaking, etc. Told her I did this before... OK,

she thinks the problem could be the phone... and passed me off to Sales.

Guy comes on-line and wants to know WHY I called. Turns out he was told

NOTHING... and I had to explain it all over again.... Once I did, he

wanted to send me back to support. NO I just need the phone replaced...

he started to ask me some questions and I couldn't understand him, sort

of mumbling.... and eventually he cut me off. Had to call back yet

again, but this time I did get through to someone who understood and the

phone is being replaced and will be overnighted.

By the way, new problem today... As I said, the battery held the power

at 93% when it was turned back on after being off for a week. Well that

'joy' was soon dashed when I opened the phone this morning. Showing on

the display was a notice that my phone wanted to SHARE the Contacts with

my car (or something like that). I assume when I started the car in the

garage around 5PM yesterday the car and phone connected. That prompt was

on for about 15 hours I guess. Once I cleared that and checked the

battery under settings it showed 13%!!!!!! There clearly is something

WRONG with either the Phone itself, or possibly the car and phone don't

get along well.... and that 80% loss of battery power in less than a day

would explain why I don't even get 4 days sometimes, and even as low as

2 days standby.

So now I have a 'new' problem. If the replacement phone doesn't do any

better, WHAT CAN I DO? Out of the 'remorse' window. The 800# seems to be

unable to help me and 'support' can't either. Is there ANYTHING you can

do for me if I need a different phone?

*edited to remove personal info - Marissa

• irvsp

FINALLY got an answer from Alcatel:

=================================

Dear Irv,

For your battery issue the recommended 11 days stand by is for optimal

usage meaning not connected to WIFI and have excellent signal connection

with out any interruptions and any other feature turned off.

For your bluetooth if the signal disappears when you connect it it is

because you have to open your device in order to accept the connect

since it is a flip phone.

Regards,

Michel

Alcatel Support

==================================

Not a whole lot of help though...

My informal testing with Wifi on and off showed the same battery power

loss... but he did confirm the 11 days standby time.

Sort of implies I'll not have a BT/Car connection until I agree to the

prompt, not a good thing at all!

• tmo_marissa

Wow, irvsp -- just reading over all these updates!

It's good to know that about the phone needing to stay open since it's a flip phone, at least now you can test that and see if the prompt goes away if instead of pocketing the device you leave it open in the console. Regarding the prompt you noticed today, where the device was attempting to connect to your car (and consequently running the battery down) -- in my experience, that's part of the behavior that many devices exhibit if Bluetooth is on and running near enough to a "remembered" paired device. For what it's worth, though smartphone "smart settings" on some devices offer more flexibility (you can choose to remember to pair certain things when they're in proximity or to prompt instead), before I had a device with that functionality my phone used to automatically pair with the BT speaker in my home, so I had to remember to turn it off when getting out of the car and coming inside.

The Alcatel representative might have a point regarding the optimal standby battery about connection -- what's your signal strength like at home? Hopefully the replacement is a marked improvement -- if not, then I'd definitely suggest reaching back out and replacing the battery as well, especially since the reply from Alcatel suggests that the BT prompt isn't out of the ordinary.  The battery's warranty time period is significantly shorter than the device itself, and there's no info transfer needed to swap a battery which makes it a simpler transition than replacing a device; so that's why we'd typically recommend going that route first, but it's great that a replacement phone is already on the way to you. It definitely sounds like we could have done a better job of processing the exchange; I'm sorry to read that, and thanks for taking the time to let us know; we can pass the feedback along internally.

Lastly, about the voicemail notification -- I was game for a Google image hunt, but after a few pages I have to say I'm coming up just as short on a voicemail icon online as I know we both are in the manual. I did see this "notices" direction, if you press that softkey below "notices"/in the upper right, does it show you if you have a voicemail, or just if you've missed a call?

goflip.PNG

- Marissa

• irvsp

Marissa, I've not had a chance to test this, but before when I started

to notice my bars on the Entertainment system drop to ZERO I did open

the phone, saw the prompt, accepted it, and the full bars returned. This

doesn't happen immediately once the device connects, it varies in length

of time that it happens. Once it never did.

As for a 'flip phone', I had one from Verizon (Samsung UH-435) that did

NOT do this. I switched from Verizon as the signal strength after 15

years with them in my same house basically disappeared. Many of my

neighbors with Verizon experienced the same thing happening. Verizon was

less than helpful so those of us that had phones that couldn't use Wifi

left them.

In the house I can get 2 bars with 2G... but 4G sometimes just drops out

completely. I suspect this is the reason why even turning off WiFi

doesn't save battery power, it is continually trying to switch to 4G

possibly and scanning? If so, and that is the root cause (along with BT)

the new phone (and battery) isn't going to fix my problem. We'll see

later today when the new phone arrives.

Since I'm on the $3/mo. Prepaid plan and I've already used up 25 units

(I pay $0.10 per unit and get 30 per month) I'll wait until next month

to check out Voicemail. I'll call myself and see what happens. If I

don't see anything on the screen or Status bar I'll call Voicemail and

check that it did have something. I'll let you know the results.

Something has to be going on though. Yesterday I charged the phone to

100% again. In about 3 hours I lost 7%, much higher than the 20% a day

before? Today, not even 24 hours after charging to 100% the battery

power is down to 53%.

I really find it hard to believe this is a phone problem? Suspect the

phone is continually searching and eating up the battery. I've turned

off Wifi (2 settings) and it still seems to be searching as the signal

strength on 4G is weak and fades out. Then finds 2G which is OK, but

once it finds the 4G signal it then switches to it. That fades, searches

for 2G, connects but continues to look for 4G as it will eventually find

it, switch back, and the cycle repeats. I can't find ANYWAY to force it

to 2G only. Nothing in the manual or settings?

I just HOPE that is the new phone isn't any better I can get it replaced

with another model that will work for me? Suspect I could have a problem

as yesterday on the phone I was told I was out of my 20 day 'remorse'

period. Only thing they could do is exchange the phone under warranty.

Is this true?

• tmo_marissa

Hi, irvsp -- that is true regarding warranty replacement being the only option at this point. To exchange a phone for alternate equipment, you'd complete a return and reorder, so once the remorse period is past that's not a passable route. Regarding the bluetooth, at this point I think that what you're dealing with is a combination of "quirky" (read: functional but imperfect) compatibility with your car's bluetooth and the prompt being written into the basic functionality of this particular phone. Meaning, I feel like the prompt would happen reliably each time you entered your car if the two were perfectly compatible, rather than throughout. Unless there is another issue with the device actually losing signal to the point where it truly does need to be re-paired; in which case you could see that prompt whenever that happens.
                                              Anything your device is doing in the background (searching for a network connection, searching for a Wi-Fi connection, searching for a BT connection) is going to use battery, so I agree that if the device is working in the background to connect to the network, that could cause the battery to drain faster -- but by how much, I honestly couldn't say. If this is normal drain for this particular device with that connection and keeping those services like Wi-Fi and BT on, then I think you're right -- the replacement won't change that. When the replacement arrives I'd recommend making sure it's got a good charge all the way up to 100% before you start testing! Please keep me posted on how it does.

- Marissa

• irvsp

Replacement came today.

Power it up, good thing, the old one the battery might not last the day

with Wifi off.

One 'strange' difference. The new one when I checked the battery it

showed 59% charged. The old one had 100% charged. Seems odd? Wonder if

that one was 'used'?

Hopefully this one will work better. If not it would seem my options are

very limited. This time I looked at the other Pre-paid choices. Of

course the were more expensive, and all are SmartPhones vs. this simple

flip phone. I looked at the REVIEWS of all of them that were reasonable.

Most were older phones too. However I was not 'happy' with some of the

reviews on those. One person even said he had to recharge his phone

every day!

I've just turned on the new phone, set it Wifi only and will check when

it reaches 100% charged and then a day later and see what it is.

Only then will I try to figure out my options? My best one might be to

keep what I have and charge it when not in use, not a good one but....

especially if I can't exchange this for another different phone? You'd

think they'd take into account the problems I had and the calls and

troubleshooting put me out past the timeframe to 'return' it...

Will let you know what transpires.

• irvsp

Marissa,

Well, 'news' is not good. At 8pm last night with the NEW phone still

plugged into the charger it was at 100% I unplugged it from the charger.

This morning at 8AM I checked the phone, which was on closed and sitting

on the kitchen counter all night and I checked the battery and it was at

90%... bummer, that is the same 20% for 24 hours as before!!! Like I

said previously, it doesn't matter what options are enabled, Wifi, BT,

or it seems anything else, the battery will drain at least 20% a day and

at some point, be accelerated to the point that I'd only get 3 days on

it! I've not even tested BT or set any other options or even ported my

number to the new phone yet.

So what are my options now? I don't want a SMARTPHONE, but would take

one IF guaranteed it would work. Is there anything you can do to help me

or suggest whom I should talk too?

• irvsp

Marissa,

More confusing results...

One 'good' thing I did discover. When the phone came it did have a

different phone number of course. There were 2 Voicemails waiting (Spam)

on it. On the Status bar at the top there was an icon, looked like this,

0_0, and of course that isn't in the manual, but there are others too,

like 2G (has 3G in the manual but the phone from T-M can't get that), or

the one with a handset and lines radiating out of it...

I enabled BT and paired it with the car.... same prompt every time so far...

Another anomaly, my entertainment unit as I said displays the phone

signal strength and battery level, both using 1 to 5 bars. Well the car

was showing me 5 bars for battery power. Phone, only list 72% power. Car

should have shown 4 bars then? One or both could be wrong. Since the old

phone at one point showed 53% and the next day the phone was dead with

NO battery life left I'm sort of leaning towards the phone.

I also verified my router would show me when the phone connected. Here

is my entire log for today:

===========

from source 192.168.1.30, Thursday, Aug 03,2017 12:03:22

to MAC address F8:B1:56:DD:6A:5B, Thursday,

Aug 03,2017 11:48:04

to MAC address 4C:4E:03:BB:68:85, Thursday, Aug

03,2017 11:43:37

to MAC address 84:89:AD:71:97:B2, Thursday, Aug

03,2017 09:33:53

to MAC address AC:63:BE:8E:E3:E2, Thursday, Aug

03,2017 09:31:55

to MAC address F8:B1:56:DD:6A:5B, Thursday,

Aug 03,2017 09:15:45

to MAC address 10:AE:60:57:25:06, Thursday, Aug

03,2017 09:02:56

to MAC address 08:BD:43:A5:8C:AA, Thursday,

Aug 03,2017 07:49:17

from source 192.168.1.30, Thursday, Aug 03,2017 07:15:30

Thursday, Aug 03,2017 07:01:00

==========

The phone is at 192.168.1.5, and we did return from the car @ 11:43AM

which was logged. The only other time it appeared in yesterday's log was

when I first powered it on. It is NOT dropping the Wifi in the home,

which is probably why the power drain is the same with and without Wifi

enabled.

I don't know under what conditions Alcatel has determined 11 day Standby

time?

I AM NOT a happy user of this phone or T-M at this time.

• irvsp

Marissa,

More 'junk' just now... new phone, the REG99 came  in as a notice

followed immediately by a ERO81, both claiming UNABLE TO CONNECT!!!!

I checked my LOG on the router and the PHONE is still connected via WiFi

and it has NOT dropped!!!

Is there ANY WAY I can get rid of this phone?

• irvsp

Marissa, I am SO fed up with this Go Flip, I'd like to flip it against a

wall.

This morning I went to make a call. I got a message UNABLE TO CONNECT? I

verified the phone was connected to my LAN on the router. Then I noticed

the handset icon was not there. I checked ALL the settings for Wifi and

they were correct. Even disabled Wifi completely and verified the phone

was no longer on my LAN. Re-set the Wifi settings and verified it DID

connect to the LAN again. Called support. The didn't know what was going

on but they did check that the signal was working in my ZIP code with no

reports of any area problems. None were reported. Asked me to turn off

and turn it on again. That fixed it... but I was really annoyed about

this... To my surprise the Agent said I was in my 'remorse period' since

I had only turned on the service 4 days ago. I explained it was a

replacement and I was out of that timeframe with the old phone. Doesn't

matter, clock starts with the new exchanged phone.

So I got sent to Sales and I was able to purchase a new phone, a Samsung

Galaxy J3 prime. I was assured it would work. It is BT 4, so it should

work better than the Go Flips BT 3, I hope.

Battery standby is longer for this phone too, 20 days, so again, this

should solve the other problem of the battery.

BTW, the Go Flip is sending me notices sporadically that I'll be making

calls over Wifi all day today, just like the other days... Again, it is

NOT dropping off my LAN and reconnecting. My bars seem to move around a

lot for the T-Mobile signal, while the Wifi bars are always full. I've

seen the T-Mobile bars completely disappear at times. My setting for

Preferred Calling it use Wifi if available otherwise Cellular, so that

should not jump back and forth which it might be?

• tmo_marissa

Hey, irvsp! All of these updates came in over some time off for me -- I'm sorry to see that the replacement device didn't offer the relief you were looking for. I definitely hope that the new device provides a better experience for you, because on the surface it does sound like a better fit! That said, I want to caution that this was not my understanding of the buyer's remorse process (or our general return process as it's listed here: Return a new phone), and so I double checked our internal documents and they confirm that the Buyer's Remorse policy covers original, new activation equipment and does not reset after an exchange is processed (in fact, we will not process an exchange while a customer is still within the Buyer's Remorse window for this very reason).

Returning a device outside of the Buyer's Remorse period will not result in a refund, and I don't want you to ship this equipment back and have nothing to show for it. I'm sad to say this, but if you're not interested in purchasing the J3 outright without returning the Go Flip, then my best advice at this point would be to refuse the package for the J3 so that it's returned to sender and we are able to issue the most expedient refund for the cost of the new phone.  

- Marissa

• irvsp

Marissa,

I am NOT happy about the prospect of not getting my money back for the

replacement. I do have a SHIPPING LABEL and the J3 is scheduled to

arrive tomorrow. I was VERY HONEST to both people I spoke to that this

one I'm going to be returning was an EXCHANGE/REPLACEMENT for the prior

Go Flip. BOTH assured me doesn't matter... the clock starts new each

time. I sure hope the phone calls are recorded as this would prove my

position.

Also this NEW GO FLIP is a WORSE that the other one. Something HAS to be

wrong with the phones firmware.

• First this one loses T-Mobile connection via Wireless. Only way

to get it back is to turn it off and on.

Notices are sent quite often that I'll be using wireless to make calls.

Battery is draining faster on this phone than the old one.

Much to my surprise this morning at 8AM it showed 22% battery power.

It was 47% at 10PM last night. at 3PM it was at 21%????? 1% drain in

7 hours? Then tonight at 8PM it was totally without power and needed

a charge.

I'll be GLAD to get rid of this junk.

I will accept the J3 as I guess that would then be a NEW purchase if

nothing more. I don't get a refund for the phone I will send back

I'll send back the J3 as it should be in the remorse timeframe. Then

I'll see what I have to do to get ALL my expenditures back!

I was delayed during the remorse period as TM wanted to try the

replacement as they thought I had a bad phone. Since I was away for

a week it couldn't be done on a timely manner which didn't help.

We'll see I guess?

• tmo_marissa

Good morning, irvsp! I understand that this isn't what you want to hear, but I want to be very straightforward -- if you ship the Go Flip back you will lose money, because the phone is outside of Buyer's Remorse so you won't receive a refund. It's a shame that you understood otherwise, but that isn't something we'd be able to honor. The warehouse will not report the receipt of an exchange replacement as a return, so it won't generate a refund.

- Marissa