DIGITS Ghost / Transient Problems

debjitjdv

tmo_evan tmo_chris tmo_marissa

Lately I believe sometime from Thursday day end or Friday early morning i.e 7/6/2017 day end or 7/7/2017 early morning, I am seeing several ghost problems in DIGITS. I say them ghost because, they are not always present rather have transient behavior:

1. Call logs are not syncing consistently across DIGITS app and Native Multi-line settings of S7 Edge. Call logs syncs perfectly across DIGITS app in Android, Desktop/Web app and iOS app.
    2. Messages are not syncing consistently as well. across DIGITS app, and Native multi-line settings. Even message syncing is not consistent across DIGITS app in various platforms.
    3. Calls originated from DIGITS app are one sided i.e. recipient cannot hear my voice but I can hear their voice. Although, the call quality is good from native multi-line S7 Edge.
    4. DIGITS app automatically switching to DATA mode even if Cellular mode was activated. And because of that reason, sometimes calls are dropped / missed or are going to voicemail. I believe atleast two community members reported the same issue and one reported he lost several business related calls to his DIGITS. I believe this is the same symptom that I am experiencing. Even if the app is running in background (this is something I suggested other members to make DIGITS app work reliably), due to automatic switching of mode, call reliability is gone.
    5. Calls logs from DUPLICATE SIM card is NOT syncing across DIGITS app platform and S7 Edge native multi-line settings.

I am not sure why these problems are reappearing. I know these problem were solved during BETA but have no idea why they are coming back. Please report these to engineering team at least Symptom 3 and 4 are pretty serious.

All replies

• jts1084

Re: DIGITS Ghost / Transient Problems

This is an excellent summary of issues that I'm also experiencing. 

• debjitjdv

tmo_evan tmo_chris tmo_marissa

I have my DUPLICATE SIM card in my LineLink device and there are two problems:

1. Call drops regularly almost at a regular interval of 5 mins. I tried in different internet connections including Pavlov Media, Comcast Xfinity and its the same. I switched between LineLink devices ( I have two of them in my collection) and nothing has changed. Looks like something on T-Mo side as wifi calling works flawlessly on the same wifi network
            2. Call log from DUPLICATE SIM via LineLink is not syncing with DIGITS app or S7 Edge naive multi-line settings.
              • tmo_evan

I'm not sure why you're having so many issues of late :-(.   I've sent this off to the team to start digging into these since obviously this isn't the experience we've been looking for.

Thanks for hanging in with us and we'll work on getting this sorted!

• debjitjdv

Thanks evanmf. Actually it's not only me, other people are also experiencing the same issues. I kind of summarized all of them for easy reporting since I have also seen them. And if you need examples I have the examples right with me. Since I cannot send you PMs, I can PM them to tmo_chris .

• debjitjdv

tmo_evan tmo_chris

UPDATES:

1. Call Log syncing issues across DIGITS app and Multi-Line Settings are gone for now
                      2. Message syncing is STILL INCONSISTENT but better than past.
                      3. Calls originated from DIGITS app are more consistent and not one sided any longer.
                      4. Call logs from DUPLICATE SIM is syncing with DIGITS app and Multi-line settings.

BUT

1. Call drops regularly almost at a regular interval of 5 mins. I tried in different internet connections including Pavlov Media, Comcast Xfinity and its the same. I switched between LineLink devices ( I have two of them in my collection) and nothing has changed. Looks like something on T-Mo side as wifi calling works flawlessly on the same wifi network. This is issue is still there.

tmo_evan Can you request any engineer to trace some calls when I place them from LineLink device via my DUPLICATE SIM? I can provide some examples as well.