mad.uni

The headphone jack on my phone hasn't been working properly. There's a lot of static and I can only hear one headphone. Is this covered by the insurance I pay for?

All replies

• snn_555

Re: Headphone Jack

Is the port clean and have you tried other headphones?

• mad.uni

Yea it's clean. I have also used at least 4 pairs of headphone and it's the same problem with all.

If I have the the jack repaired at a different location, does that void the insurance?

• tmo_marissa

Hey, mad.uni! Thanks for stopping by Support to ask. If you've got insurance on your line, that extends the warranty of the device, and your phone should be eligible for replacement using T-Mobile's supplemental warranty program for a $5 fee as snn_555 mentioned, instead of the insurance deductible. In your situation I'd definitely recommend an In-store warranty exchange if that's an option -- we can take a look at the port and make sure that there's no damage to the device that might void the warranty so you'll have peace of mind when the device is replaced.

Out of curiosity, what device are you using?

- Marissa

• tmo_chris

Just checking in here to see how things are going Were you able to get your phone replaced yet?