T-Mobile promotion mastercard

jake1136

I recently switched from Verizon and did the #GetOutOfTheRed promotion. As part of this, T-Mobile promised to reimburse me for the remaining device installment agreement I had with Verizon, via prepaid mastercard.

I received the "virtual" card but am finding some websites don't take it (several said they don't accept prepaid cards for online orders), and you can't use it to get cash at an ATM so basically the funds are stuck in an account.

After a lot of research I found Wirecard's customer service number and then spent a good hour trying to get through to someone, they finally answered and said they would send me a physical card. They said it could take several weeks so I opted to expedite it for a $20 fee, and was promised to receive it by yesterday (July 7).

When it still didn't arrive by EOD today (July 8), I called and waited on hold for an hour again to talk to someone and ask where it was. The rep gave me a tracking number which showed it wasn't even given to UPS until the yesterday (the 7th). When I asked for a refund of the expedition fee, he hung up on me.

I don't know why T-Mobile partnered with Wirecard because they seem to be incompetent and rude to customers, but this whole experience has been such a hassle that I feel like switching back to Verizon.

All replies

• magenta2138519

Re: T-Mobile promotion mastercard

i went through the same exact thing with verizon!! but in my case i never received the reimbursement for switching over. so we had a bill from verizon and a bill from t-mobile. Not to much of a fan of switching companies because of that reason. i tried fighting it and didnt win.. the bill definitely was not cheap because of the plan we were on.

• ikecalle

Hi Magenta. Just curious why the network switch wasn't honored or approved by T-Mobile.  Is a prepaid card mailed out for that promotion also? I did the BOGO Galaxy S8 promotion. The free S8 is required to be on the Equipment Installment Plan. But the customer can apply the $750 MasterCard towards the phone cost or use it for personal use.

• ikecalle

Hey Jake. Thanks for the info. I feel for ya. I know its a pain but I wouldn't give up on getting the $20 reimbursed. Their system apparently has the date you paid the $20 and of course the later date the card was actually mailed. If that fails, simply have the charge reversed by telling your card provider your dispute. The $20 transaction  should be summarized as Expedited Shipping Fee or similar. How many weeks did it actually take to get the original "virtual" MasterCard?