no calling for 4 days in 87043

magenta2119416

For four days we have had no signal to get outgoing or incoming calls. We have the Personal Cellspot installed and it is functioning as we had degraded signal quality for several years now. Currently, even this thing is not giving us enough signal. Text-messaging still works, but all voice calls fail to connect. What is going on!

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: no calling for 4 days in 87043

Oh no! I am not seeing anything at a high-level. Are you able to make and receive calls when you leave your home area? Have you already reached out to our tech support teams on this?

• tmo_marissa

Hey, magenta2119416! We just wanted to touch base here and see how you were doing with your service. I know it's been a few days since your initial post, have things improved in your area?

- Marissa

• magenta2119416

No, service is still not working. Text messages can be sent/received but no incoming calls or outgoing calls connect. We use the Cellspot, and it appears functioning properly, but has no effect when plugged in or not. The phone shows signal bars but cannot connect. In the past when there was no signal it would show no bars. The phone is an older model flip-phone. Another user at this location has the same problems with a different phone. We cannot call tech-support for obvious reasons.

• tmo_chris

Thanks for clarifying! So your phone now shows that you have signal but the calls are still failing? Only reason I ask is because in your first post, you said that you have no signal. What is the specific error message you hear or see when trying to place a call?

• magenta2119416

Last week there was no response when trying to make a call. Signal fluctuates up and down. Often when calling no ringing will be heard and then 'call failed' is shown. As of today I was able to call my voicemail, but the signal seems very weak and sometimes drops. Sound fades in and out and sounds very garbled. We experienced this problem last year, and tried a booster for a time, which didn't work. We then got the Cellspot device to help get a signal through out internet service. That worked for awhile up until about the beginning of this month. The Cellspot device runs quite hot, so perhaps it failed although all the indicator lights appear as they have in the past.

• tmo_chris

I think there very well may be an issue with that cellspot device you have. I know you can’t call us but we will still need to pull up your account and check the diagnostics on the cellspot device. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, please reach out to us using the FB and TW icons in my signature. We will be able to pull up your account and assist you via written correspondence.