Dropped calls with the Samsung Galaxy S8+

mprigadaa

I'm having a lot of issues with Drop Calls on my new Samsung Galaxy S8+, this is getting out of hands and very annoying, I had a Samsung galaxy S3 for several years and never had this issue, all of the sudden I upgrade to the galaxy S8+ and now almost every single call is dropped, there is not a single a day without experiencing at least 3 or 4 drop calls, these drop calls are happening in the same areas where I used to call with my previous phone so I know for a fact is not the area or the service, and in fact it is the phone.

Normally the calls are dropped after a few minutes into the conversation and they are in open areas where there is no buildinigs or inside the house as well not a certain pattern. Tmobile try to reset the phone and that did not work.

I purchase the JUMP program to insure my phone for issues like this and just found out by Tmobile customer service that if my problem continues they can replace my phone but it will have to be a REFURBISHED phone ????? ... Pitiful .. after being a Tmobile customer for over 15 years Im seriously thinking to move over, this a $900 USD phone and I can guarantee you I will not have this issue with a $50 USD phone.

All replies

• You can opt to let Samsung fix it. But you'd have to pay shipping either to or from perhaps and you'd have to wait a few weeks for yours to be sent back to you. Meanwhile you'd need to use a backup phone.

Whether you go through Samsung to refurbish yours or T-Mobile for a refurbished unit, both are refurbished.

Have you contacted Samsung?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_mike_c

Re: Dropped calls with the Samsung Galaxy S8+

This is super rough but we do appreciate you being such a long time customer. As for your phone, snn_555 is correct about your other option of going directly through the manufacture. Keep in mind, that's gonna be a bit different from T-Mobile's exchange program. Please let us know if you're still troubleshooting this with us or if you're looking to replace/repair the phone. Thank you.

• tmo_mike_c

Just checking in to see if you've taken a look at the suggestion above. Please keep us posted and let us know. Thanks.

• steve.worley

I have had the same problem with both my wife's and my Samsung Galaxy S8. This has been absolutely crazy. T-Mobile did swap both phones for brand new ones. Same results. Have contacted technical support numerous times. Symptoms are like yours. Talking with great call quality, then drops the call with 4 or 5 bars. Also, have been able to hear the other person with crystal clarity, but they can't here me. As long as we are calling on WiFi everything is good. The folks at T-mobile have been helpful, courteous, and bent over backwards trying to help (my hat's off to them). Still don't have the problem solved. I've searched the forums and found a few others with similar problems, but not a whole lot. I am using one of if not the best phone on a network that is rated the same as Verizon and AT&T in my area, yet can't use the phones away from WiFi with confidence. My guess is it is something simple, but since it's not happening on ALL the new Galaxy S8 series phones, nobody has figured it out yet. If I do finally find out what's going on, I'll post to this forum. My latest was removing the SIM card that came with the phone and cleaning it thoroughly. We'll see.

• tmo_mike_c

That's rough you and your wife have the same issue steve.worley. I'm surprised it's happened after the getting new ones. I have a few questions to help narrow down what's happening for you. Are both phones having dropped calls in specific areas? Have you tried using 2G services only to see if there's a difference? Do the calls drop after a certain amount of time or only with specific numbers? I'd appreciate any info you can give me. Thanks for coming here and telling us about this.

• steve.worley

Huber Heights Ohio area. Intersection of Taylorsville and Brandt Pike. Haven't tried 2G services. Some have suggested turning off VoLTE, however there is no way to do it on a T-mobile branded Galaxy S8. Timing us usually 2 to 5 minutes for the dropped calls. My wife won't answer calls anymore unless we are at the office so it's hard to troubleshoot (how much is real and how much is fear). Since these are business calls we can't afford the problems on our end.

Home is another story. Have the personal cell spot signal booster. We live in an area that is lower (by a creek) so I understand limited reception there. However, I put the unit that goes by the window in an empty plastic cat litter bucket with lid and hung it on our tower antenna. Needless to say my wife loved the additional decor, but put up with it since you can't see it from the road or our driveway. I can sit in the same room as the other receiver and have 4-5 bars on my phone, but still can't hold a call.

• tmo_mike_c

Thanks for the specifics. The coverage here is pretty good. It should be strong enough to keep you connected. You're right about turning off VoLTE so, you don't have to worry about doing that. If you could please, test out the 2G only on both you and your wife's phone and let me know what happens. You're totally right about this impacting your business which is one of the reasons I wanna help.

Yeah, depending on exactly where your house is in relationship to what towers we have there, you may have a bit of trouble. Based on what you're saying, it sounds like you have the booster outside. Is that right? If so, is there nowhere inside your home near a window that you can put the unit so it doesn't have to sit in the plastic bucket? I'm also curious if you get any signal on the phone anywhere in the house without the booster.