Hello there! My husband and I will be traveling to France and Portugal next week for 3 weeks, and we have some questions regarding using our iPhones internationally:
1. I have the iPhone 7 Plus and just upgraded to the T-Mobile One + International Plan, and my husband has the iPhone 5 with the T-Mobile One Plan. When we arrive in Europe, do we need to change the settings on our phone (i.e. turn on cellular data options)? Anything else we need to do?
2. I was just talking to a T-Mobile agent on the phone, and she told me that we need to dial #766# to turn on data roaming on our iPhones when we get to France, and dial #763# to turn it off when we leave Europe. I thought the T-Mobile One and T-Mobile One + International Plans will automatically detect data roaming when we change the iPhone settings? Is that correct? We are so confused!
3. With my T-Mobile One + International Plan, will I get 4G/LTE data while in Europe?
Any advice or personal experience you can share with us will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
1. You should not need to change any settings on your phone.
2. If your data does not work, then you might try dialing #763# but it should not be necessary
3. You may get 4G/LTE data but it will be throttled to about 256 kbps, which is about twice the normal throttle speed. People do 'most everything at that speed except stream videos.
Thank you so much for your response. That is very helpful!
Manage your T-Mobile account