Won't connect in Denmark

zenkaiaudio@gmail.com

I've had an LG Aristo for about a month traveling around in the US with no problems.

Upon arriving in Copenhagen, Denmark it simply refuses to connect to either of the networks it detects;
    Telia-Telenor DK  or TDC.   All international roaming options are on and the two website profile roaming restrictions are in the OFF positions.

Tech support says TDC should be the correct network but every attempt at registering on either or in auto returns, "Unable to connect to the network at this time. Please try again later."

If I go to Settings/Networks/Call/More/Call barring, it returns "Call settings error. Network or SIM card error"

If I go to Settings/Networks/Call/More/Additional settings,  it twirls for a minute and returns, "Network or UIM card error"

If I go to Settings/Networks/more/Mobile networks, 'Mobile Data' and 'Data roaming' are both ON, Network mode is set to GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto

If I go to Settings/Networks/Mobile networks/Network operators, it is set to 'Select automatically', although I have tried both of the detected operators

individually without success. 

If I got to Settings/networks/Mobile networks/Access Point names,  the "T-Mobile LTE' option will not stay checked.

VoLTE is on.

WiFi Calling is on - Cellular preferred

It makes no difference if WiFi is on or off.

In the upper left of the home screen is says 'T-Mobile' indicating it at least recognizes the proper network.

Anybody got a clue as to why this is happening? If the SIM card was bad it wouldn't have worked in the US, right? 

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Won't connect in Denmark

Thanks for taking the time to post to our support community! I am very sorry to hear that you are having troubles getting your phone up and running now that you are out of the country. It looks like you have done just about all that you could to do get the phone to connect on your end. When you spoke with our tech support teams, were they able to get a trouble ticket filed for you when they realized that all the troubleshooting was not working?

• zenkaiaudio@gmail.com

Yes, a guy named Carlos issued a ticket yesterday. Last I heard about an hour ago there was no news as to a solution and that it could be 72 hours before I know something. I'll be back in the US by then. I was wondering if anyone had experienced this and had a solution.

• tmo_chris

Oh okay, thanks for clarifying Typically international tickets we send up get looked at a bit quicker since the users are normally not traveling that long. I apologize that it is taking a bit longer than normal but we really appreciate your patience in all of this.

• maxranzau

Hi all, not sure if this is related yet I'm all of a sudden having problems getting any kind of data connection in Denmark with my US international plan and I'll be here until Jan 16th.

First, it seems the only network which T-mobile is roaming with now is "Telenor DK" and while they offer normal cell coverage, there is zero data support with them. I believe that T-mobile has a roaming agreement with "3 DK". They aren't marked with a red X as being inaccessibly, however when I go and manually attempt to select 3 as network operator, after about 3 minutes of trying to register on their network I get the error: "Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network" What gives?

• tmo_chris

Hey there! Thanks for posting to the community! How long have you been in Denmark and what carrier were you connected to when data was working last? Have you had a chance to try using your data in other areas within Denmark? Our current roaming partners are Telenor A/S and Telia Nattjanster Norden AB and they both allow for data.

Also, this might sound silly but do you think data roaming might have gotten accidentally turned off on your phone? What kind of phone do you have and what happens when you dial #RON# from your phones dialer?

• maxranzau

Hi Chris, Thanks for your speedy reply.

I've been in Denmark on business almost every month since March, this time since Dec 16th.

I noticed the lack of data on "Telenor DK" during my previous trip in November. Data used to work fine before, so I ignored it as a fluke on that trip, yet the lack of data services seems consistent now, Come to think of it, I am almost certain I was able to roam via "3 DK"

It should be mentioned I was in Germany for a week before Dec 16th. While I can't recall for sure which operator I was using (I'm guessing T-Mobile DE) I did have data there. Back in the US data also works fine.

Also, are you 100% sure about Telia? "Nettjanester Norden AB" sounds somewhat Swedish and I'm seeing a big red X next to "Telia DK" when I search for operators. Unless I'm mistaken that means no roaming agreement, right?

Anyway, I googled around and found this roaming partner list from April, where "3 DK" was on: https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/688cxm/tmobile_roaming_partner_list/ - Any idea why my SIM card now would prevent me from registering on their network?

As for your other questions, which aren't silly at all - I have an HTC One M8 and I've verified for good measure that indeed roaming is on.

#RON# tells me my int'l plan is good and enabled.

Kinda running out of options here, short of a factory reset and I need to avoid doing that currently.

Any other suggestions? Thinking perhaps some diagnostic app one could glean more information from..?

I will be happy to work with your support team to resolve this issue, in the event it could be affecting other customers.

Thanks,

/Max R.

• tmo_chris

Thanks for getting back with me. I was just looking at the roaming partner list for Denmark and those were the two carriers I saw. It is possible that in specific areas, you will be able to register with Telia and in some areas you won’t as you should be able to connect to Telenor. I do not think that a master reset is in order here as everything was fine in Germany. I think that there could be something going on with the Telenor network and we would need to get a service request opened for you so our engineers could address the problem.

We will need to pull up your account in order to get this request filed so if you have a Facebook or Twitter account, please use the links in my signature to send a private message to our T-Force team. The will be able to pull up and securely verify your account as well as get the engineering service ticket filed for you.

• magenta4793917

Hi Chris,

Could you help me to create a ticket, because looks like I have the same problem. I'm visiting Copenhagen for one and can't connect to any mobile network using my T Mobile simcard.

• tmo_chris

Hey magenta4793917

We can take a look at what is going on here. Do you have a Facebook or Twitter account? If so, please use the links in my signature to message our T-Force team. They will be able to pull up your account and ensure that your account is properly provisioned to roam and open up the ticket if necessary.

• magenta3718376

Hi, finally got it to work after two hours. Support suggested "Telia Nattjanster" which will not work.

The winner is "Telenor DK" with very poor speed but works for text messaging and maps

Best of luck

Torben

• jasben0917

I have two lines on my account.  One is being used by my fiance.  She is traveling in Denmark, but her phone all the sudden stopped working.  She was fine for one day but it stopped working.  Carrier she was on was Telenor DK, then she tried Telenor 3G DK, but neither works now.  She tried Telia and 3 DK, but they don't work or rarely get signal.  We bought this plan only because he had these international data features.  Please advise.

Jason

• drnewcomb2

How long has she been abroad? Does her phone work on WIFi Calling?

BTW. Tacking a question onto an answered thread is not a good way to get help. Once a thread is marked "answered" the T-Mobile employees may not check it for new activity.