$0 down after 18 months its a joke?

protocollo81

im on Jump on demand, my lease is almost end, i call tmobile becaise my tmobile show a message that i made 17 of 18 on time montly payments and that i qualify for upgrade with $0 down payment, for both of my lines, because now they have more than a credit score.

So i call the customer rep, tell the same thing  and that i want to upgrade just 1 device (an iphobe 6s plus) and keep the other (s7 edge) and what is his answer? Oh you have to pay $400 down to upgrade...wait what?!?!?! Why i have to pay $400 when i should qualify for $0 down?

Oh but based on your credit you have to pay...

SERIOUSLY???? So that message is a joke...is just a lie because is bit true that i qualify...so what is the point to send me abd show me a stupid message for a $0 down if is not true?

I'm pissed off...

All replies

• protocollo81

Re: $0 down after 18 months its a joke?

EDIT FOR TYPO

is just a lie because is NOT true that i qualify..

• tmo_amanda

Hey, protocollo81!

I hope you're enjoying your weekend so far. I just wanted to stop by to see if you have any updates for us. Hopefully this has been taken care of since you posted almost two weeks ago but in the event that you're still unable to upgrade with $0 down we want to figure out what's going on. As Chris and Marissa mentioned above, can you provide us with a screenshot of the verbiage? Also, was the purchase price of your JUMP! On Demand device billed in full to you, or did you complete an extension to have it spread out over 6 additional months?

Thanks for getting back to us!

• tidbits

protocollo81 wrote:

im on Jump on demand, my lease is almost end, i call tmobile becaise my tmobile show a message that i made 17 of 18 on time montly payments and that i qualify for upgrade with $0 down payment, for both of my lines, because now they have more than a credit score.

So i call the customer rep, tell the same thing and that i want to upgrade just 1 device (an iphobe 6s plus) and keep the other (s7 edge) and what is his answer? Oh you have to pay $400 down to upgrade...wait what?!?!?! Why i have to pay $400 when i should qualify for $0 down?

Oh but based on your credit you have to pay...

SERIOUSLY???? So that message is a joke...is just a lie because is bit true that i qualify...so what is the point to send me abd show me a stupid message for a $0 down if is not true?

I'm pissed off...

How much do you owe on both devices?  There's a limit for EVERYONE to be able to loan per line, and if you over over the limit that person has to pay the difference.  That's why you notice base models tend to be 0 down, and higher versions has money down.

• protocollo81

tidbits    I understand what you said but i don't notice that base model are 0 down, i don't even consider the base model.

I have a Galaxy S7 edge and an iphone 6s plus, the lease end next month and i owe just 25 bucks.

However i receive that message that don't specify BASE MODEL or....the 0 down upgrade is for ANY model same or different brand with different memory size...that mean if i want upgrade to an iphone 7 plus (for example) i'm able to do that with 0 down.

So in if i go to tmobile store or call and then they tells me that i have to pay 400 down, for me all the offers are just lies.

Tell me what is the prupose to send me that message if i have to pay?

• tidbits

That means you have 7 months left.  You can return the device at the 18 month mark and don't have to pay the remainder of the 6  months which is why you do not have 0 down because you still owe more than each line you qualify for because if it.  Once you return the device when you are passed that mark then you will owe nothing.

0 down doesn't mean for anything and everything.  It just says you qualify when it is being offered.

• protocollo81

i said that i owe 25 dollars and my lease end next month...by next month i need to purchase a device, return it or upgrade to a new one...(with 0 down based on their words) so how you thing that i still have 7 months left? I think you are confused.

If i decide to purchase the phone so ask for installment i have to pay the rest for the next 9 months starting from september, but if i decide to UPGRADE THE PHONE so give back the old one and take a new one and continue with others 18 months lease, i should not pay a downpayment for the new phone of same category but with different size of memory or different brand.

They send me a message YOU QUALIFY FOR AN UPGRADE WITH $0 DOWN BECAUSE YOU MADE 17 OF 18 ONTIME PAYMENTS OF YOUR LEASE, THIS MEAN THAT WE HAVE SOMETHING BETTER THAN YOUR CREDIT SCORE, PLEASE CALL US OR FIND A STORE TO SETUP YOUR UPGRADE.

What this message mean for you?

• tidbits

Jump on D is in 2 parts.  You still "borrow" the full amount.  So until the lease is up and the device is returned or pay for the total amount left includes the 6 months.

It means you can get 0 down because you qualify.  Doesn't mean you can borrow as much as you want, and when you want. 

You can believe what you want and assume what you want.  I don't work for T-Mobile and there is plenty of documentation about this all over the web since they introduced. 

• tmo_chris

Hey protocollo81,

Do you happen to have a screen shot of the message that was sent to you? I would like to take a closer look at the verbiage as you should not have got that message if you were not eligible for a $0 down upgrade. 

• tmo_marissa

Hiya, protocollo81! We just wanted to check in here regarding your upgrade situation. We'd love to see a screen shot of the message you got if you can provide one -- as Chris mentioned, it doesn't make sense that we'd send you this kind of message if you weren't qualified! Can I also ask if the purchase price of your JUMP! On Demand device was billed in full to you, or if you completed an extension to have it spread out over 6 additional months, or if you'd reached that point yet? Thanks!

- Marissa