International roaming

magenta1659347

Hey i have been in Mexico since april so on june 4 i got a local carrier sim to avoid termination for excessive roaming. I have been using digits to keep in contact with family and on Thursday i recieved this message

"The majority of your recent T-Mobile usage has been roaming internationally. Per our terms and conditions roaming benefits are not intended for extensive use abroad. Please use Wi-Fi to reduce your international usage whenever possible. See details: t-mo.co/roaming"

i haven't use the roaming in weeks and im worried there gonna cancel my sevice does this mean there gonna terminate it? Does using digits help or make it worse? i started using it two days ago because when i checked mytmobile the usage it appeared to say i used 13 messages when they were recieved i did send 3 message and make one phone call using digits.

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: International roaming

I've never heard of T-Mobile canceling service because of excessive roaming; they just disable roaming until you show some usage on T-Mobile's network. I think the way they measure roaming to flag your account is the amount of time you spend connected to foreign operators out of some given (e.g. 90 day) period, not how much you actually use the phone. You might want to put your phone into airplane mode then turn the WIFi back on. You can still make calls and send and receive texts whenever you are on WiFi.

• tmo_chris

Hey there! This is a great question. Calls and texts made from the DIGITS app while roaming internationally follow the same rules as any cellular phone or text message made internationally. We would need to take a closer look at your account to see exactly where the usage stands to give you a better idea. Since you are roaming, you can call our international care number at +1-505-998-3793 and we will not charge you for this call if it is made from your T-Mobile number.

• magenta1659347

So does digits count as on network or off network roamin? And i am not using the tmobile sim since the 4 of june.

• magenta1659347

Doesnt make sense since the sim card is out and is not regristering to the partner network. And u are using your nunber to make us calls only on a ipad.

• tmo_chris

I apologize for the confusion. I can see where you are coming from on this. Your issue is a bit different than what we have seen as this revolves around the SMS you received from us regarding roaming. I am going to reach out to our support teams to see if I can get some further clarification on this for you.

• tmo_chris

Okay, just heard back. It looks like you received the message about roaming due to the time you were roaming before switching SIM cards. Since the system waits till your billing cycle closes before totaling up your usage, you did not receive the text from us till after you stopped using the T-Mobile SIM card. If you are not using the T-Mobile SIM card in the device you are using DIGITS with, the system will not count that towards your "amount of time using service while roaming"