No T-mobile signal in sienna plantation, Missouri City, TX

as2076904

I get no signal inside my house located at Bain Dr, Missouri City, TX 77459. I loose signal/phone calls as soon as i reach inside my subdivision .  I have been living in here for about 8 years.  I have been a customer for T-mobile 15 + years.  Do you have any plans to improve signal in this area?     

All replies

• drnewcomb2

1. I don't know T-Mobile's plans.

2. What phone(s) are you using? There's a difference in the coverage map if you have a band-12 (700 MHz) phone vs a non-band-12 phone.

3. There are T-Mobile sites (towers) all around you except to the SW.  The site near the intersection of Commonwealth and Palm Royal and the one on Watts Plantation appear to have 700 MHz.

4. If your only complaint is with your at-home service, are you using WiFi Calling? Have you asked for a Personal CellSpot or signal booster?

• tmo_chris

Hey as2076904,

Just checking in here. Did you get a chance to see drnewcomb2's reply to you?

• as2076904

Chris - Please see my reply to the original post.  Thanks for following up.

• tmo_chris

Thanks for clarifying! I was able to take a look at the area and can confirm that the level of coverage you are getting there matches what our maps show you should be getting The one thing that concerns me is that you are not able to get coverage outdoors as the coverage should be more than enough to provide you with LTE coverage. We appreciate your loyalty to us. 15 years is nothing to shake a stick at. Did you recently move to this area or is this something that just started?

I totally get where you are coming from when you say you should not have to use Wi-Fi calling when you are paying for cell service. Wi-Fi calling is just one of the free services that we offer to help supplement in-home coverage. Is there any room or window in your home that you can get at least 2 bars 3G or higher signal? We have a device we can send that will take that signal and emit it throughout your home so you would still be using the cell service and not have to use Wi-Fi calling.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • tmo_marissa

Hey there, as2076904! We just wanted to check in with you and see if you'd had a chance to read over Chris's reply to your update. Do you think that you've got enough signal to utilize a booster, as he mentioned above? We'd like to make sure we're exploring all immediate options to resolve your in-home coverage needs, aside from WiFi!

- Marissa

• tmo_amanda

Happy Saturday, as2076904!

Chris was able to provide some helpful information above in his latest reply along with the recommendation for a signal booster. You can take a look at the signal booster here. Let us know if you have any questions.

• as2076904

Thanks for following up.  I have requested customer service team to ship me a new signal booster today.  I will provide my feedback once everything is setup. 

However, please do a deeper dive in our area as there are so many people that do not get good t-mobile signal.  Local t-mobile store knows situation in Sienna Plantation area. 

Here is the t-mobile store near my home. 

5684 Hwy 6, Missouri City, TX 77459

(281) 261-1572

Thanks

• as2076904

Please see my answers in bold below: 

1. I don't know T-Mobile's plans.  T-mobile One

2. What phone(s) are you using? There's a difference in the coverage map if you have a band-12 (700 MHz) phone vs a non-band-12 phone. I am using iphone 6 plus and we also have iphone 6 and Samsung phones in our account. 

3. There are T-Mobile sites (towers) all around you except to the SW.  The site near the intersection of Commonwealth and Palm Royal and the one on Watts Plantation appear to have 700 MHz.  All i know is that i get no signal regardless of type of phones.  You guys should send someone here to look at the area to improve signal.  (Bain Dr., Missouri City, TX 77459)

4. If your only complaint is with your at-home service, are you using WiFi Calling? Have you asked for a Personal CellSpot or signal booster? I get no signal in my house nor the streets near my house.  I am paying for Cell Phone services so I expect to use Cell services and not WIFI calling.  The only way that my phone works now at home is using the WIFI calling but this defeats the purpose of having cell phone.

I have been a long time customer with T-mobile so tell me what are you going to do to keep me as your customer?

• drnewcomb2

as2076904 wrote:

Please see my answers in bold below:

1. I don't know T-Mobile's plans. T-mobile One

2. What phone(s) are you using? There's a difference in the coverage map if you have a band-12 (700 MHz) phone vs a non-band-12 phone. I am using iphone 6 plus and we also have iphone 6 and Samsung phones in our account.

3. There are T-Mobile sites (towers) all around you except to the SW. The site near the intersection of Commonwealth and Palm Royal and the one on Watts Plantation appear to have 700 MHz. All i know is that i get no signal regardless of type of phones. You guys should send someone here to look at the area to improve signal. (Bain Dr., Missouri City, TX 77459)

4. If your only complaint is with your at-home service, are you using WiFi Calling? Have you asked for a Personal CellSpot or signal booster? I get no signal in my house nor the streets near my house. I am paying for Cell Phone services so I expect to use Cell services and not WIFI calling. The only way that my phone works now at home is using the WIFI calling but this defeats the purpose of having cell phone.

I have been a long time customer with T-mobile so tell me what are you going to do to keep me as your customer?

1 By "T-Mobile's plans" I meant their plans for future network expansion, not what service plans they offer.

2. The iPhone 6+ and iPhone 6 do not have band-12 support. I don't know what Samsung phone you have, so I can't comment on that. With the two identified phones you are not getting the full benefit of T-Mobile's available service.

3. I think maybe they have and they installed 700 MHz (band-12) service to take care of it.

4. Again, you are only getting 1/2 of T-Mobile's available signal because of the iPhone 6(+) issue. Hard to blame T-Mobile for that.

I don't work for T-Mobile and have no intention of doing anything to keep you as their customer. To the contrary, if I thought it would serve you better I'd tell you to get T-Mobile to unlock your phones and port your lines to AT&T or Cricket. However, before you do that, you might want to try out at least one phone that can use T-Mobile's band-12 service.