Cannot get resolution

blankusername

I am lost and frustrated. I upgraded my phone that I still owed money on, and then immediately was unsure if I would still have to pay for the phone. I called support that same night to cancel the order, and she told me that I was eligible for an upgrade and the billing would stop on my Galaxy S7 as soon as T-mobile received it. I got my S8, no packing slip to return the S7. I called back, questioned if this upgrade would cancel out the S7 contract and I was told that as soon as T-mobile got the S7, they would no longer charge me the monthly installment fee for the S7.

Long story short, I ended up calling over 5 times trying to get a shipping label, and when I finally got the shipping label and sent it back, they still billed me. I called again, was told they received the phone and will credit my account. They did not credit my account. I called back and now they claim I was never eligible for an upgrade and they have not received the S7, but she would call me back in a few days to update me on the status. Three days later, I get a voicemail saying she will call on Monday. Monday came and went, no call. I got an email today saying that the T-Mobile handset order Research Request shows that the equipment was never received. I have a UPS tracking number that shows it was received.

How do I get satisfaction on this? I am frustrated, angry and just want this to be resolved. I have spent hours trying to find a resolution, spent money, and it just feels like I was abandoned and robbed. I would call back, but I will just be dumped into a black hole again. Can someone tell me how to escalate this?

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: Cannot get resolution

My usual suggestion is that at some point stop calling and start writing letters and become familiar with the terms of the Fair Credit Billing Act.

• tmo_chris

Re: Cannot get resolution

Hey blankusername,

We don't want you to keep getting charged for a phone you sent back! We are going to need to take a closer look at your account to see what specifically happened from the start. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, I would recommend that you reach out to our social media care team T-Force using the Facebook or Twitter icons in my signature. They will be able to pull up your account and see a full history of what has happened and help get to the bottom of all of this.