Samsung Galaxy S8+ Reception Issues

randolphoralph

About two weeks ago I upgraded from a S7 Edge to S8+. Since the upgrade I have been experiencing bad phone reception. During a call I am experiencing times when voices sound robotic or completely unable to hear the person and it goes to dead air. Also, expeirencing calls dropping for no apparent reason. In looking at the reception on the phone when this occurs I have all bars so I have no idea what is occuring. I called T-Mobile and they told me there was a ticket for the area due to a network issue. After 3 days I called back and they have opened another ticket, but so far no resolution.

I read online about some users unselecting Advanced LTE within the phone settings, but it was on a different carrier and I am not able to find this setting.

Has anyone else had issues or and ideas on anything that I could do to fix the issue?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8+ Reception Issues

Ouch, randolphoralph! That's not exactly the experience anyone is looking for with a brand new device. Has anything improved for you, or are you still hearing garbled audio and dropping calls? When you contacted us the first time, was there a ticket already filed for your area, or did we file one after troubleshooting? Have you had a chance to check back in on the second ticket?

- Marissa

• randolphoralph

I have been on the phone many times with Customer Care and tech support since we purchased the new phones on June 16 with no resolution. The latest 3rd their tech support was today and provided Ticket # 16640378, and asked to allow another 3 days. We have changed many various connection settings on the both Samsung Galaxy S8 + that are experiencing the issues. We have had signal repushed and network checked in addition to going to the local store and having SIM cards replaced. After looking online this appears to be a very common issue experienced by S8 + users across multiple carriers which leads me to believe it is an issue with the phones. We are paying for a service and phones that are not functioning. Hopefully this is resolved soon as our account is a business account and having calls disconnected on clients is not the way we like to run business.

• tmo_chris

Hey there! I totally understand where you are coming from! I just checked the ticket and can see that it is still assigned to the engineering team that is looking into it. I do see that on 7/5, we recommended turning off LTE and the dropped calls stopped. This is definitely not a permanent solution but it will serve as a workaround until we can resolve the primary issue. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding in all of this.

• magenta2170786

I have exchanged my brand new s8+ after they first came out because of all the issues I was having, but even with my exchange and a new sim card it has resolved nothing. No one can hear me or understand me during a call it breaks up or I sound like a robot. Messages take a lifetime to send then say failed but the other party gets the messages... My note 5 was flawless other than the fact the battery wouldn't stay charged but the clarity and sending text were flawless. I was so excited to get this s8+ and invested a lot after I got it and it is by far the worst phone I ever owned and I want to get rid of it. For a phone so expensive it really has a lot of issues and when I goto my tmoblie store or call customer service they all act like I am nuts because "no one else has ever complained about the reception or message failing" but yet that is what im reading on a lot of blogs... so after my 139.00 down 50.00 for a glass screen that they put on and it fell off in a week, replaced with a roll on that's all bubbled up(they put on) and the 50.00 case, the phone has not given me the quality I paid for.  But no one can help me because I am the only person who has this issue. I am stuck because there is not another phone out there I even want, and I will lose everything I invested because I will not be keeping a phone I can not talk on or text on so I will have to purchase a phone I don't even want just so I can receive my calls and text!!  Over it!!!

• tmo_chris

Hey magenta2170786,

The S8+ is an amazing phone and it makes me sad to hear that you are having so many issues with it The issues that you are having sound to be network related which is something that we can totally fix! Are you noticing that you are having these issues when you are in a specific location?

• magenta2170786

No its pretty much everywhere but the worst is in my office at work. But

pinned my location at work in your coverage map and it stated it was

excellent..i had no issues with my note 5 at all in this building anywhere..

• magenta2170786

I am just angry that everyone at tmobile swears im the only one having

reception issues.. i dont even know what to do anymore. Today every message

i send says failed some days its fine. Mms takes foreverrrrr to send and

its just such an inconvenience. Talk to text is a joke it can not translate

98 percent of the time and i speak slow and clear... i would love

resolution some how im ready to hear what else they can do to fix this

• tmo_chris

Even though the coverage shows as excellent, there could be other factors at play. The best way to dive into this is to Contact Us with some specific addresses and examples of the issue be it the failed text messages and poor audio quality. We can open up a support ticket with our engineers and narrow down the cause of the issue and get it fixed

• magenta2170786

Ok great i can do that but i did take it off wifi calling and my texts are

going thru not sure about the quality of calls yet

• mitchhc1

I am having the exact same issues with my/our phone that everybody else seems to be having and this is ridiculous to have paid all of this money for 2 S8+ phones with similar issues......although my wifes seems to work a tad bit better than mine.  I had an S5 and she had the note 4 and we did not have any problems and that was even on a straight talk network.  Now I constantly have to tell people let me try to call you back or can you hear me now let me go upstairs downstairs let me stand right by my router it all don't seem to matter.  Actually I got it right before I went to Germany in July needless to say that I could not make any phone calls other than trying to get customer service to rectify the issue.  Make it so bad it mostly seem to happen when I have to take very important calls....whether I am at home with the wifi calling or not it still cuts in and out and sounds muffled and broken up with robotic sounds.  Of course I went to the store today after being finally fed up with when I am at home having to use my home phone just so the person on the other end can hear me.  The store manager said without me purchasing the insurance at first which that was not told to me, that after 14 days there was nothing I could do about it.  And I told her about before then as well about the shotty reception I was getting.  Then she gave me the signal booster that they give to everybody which does not make any difference and especially if I am on the road bc it will not work.  Who can solve this?  This have got to be the worst phone I have ever owned....period.

• zoey10717

You are not the only one having issues.  Mine was having issues where people on the other end of my phone said I was cutting out and sounded robotic.  The store replaced the SIM card but with no change.  Now I'm told the phone is having issues and it's passed my 14 days so I can either get the same phone under the warranty, or pay for another different phone.  If it's true that the phone has problems, why can't the manufacturer replace it with a different model under the warranty?  It's not fair to the consumer to have to buy another phone after about a month because it has problems...if they're telling me the truth.