magenta1920786

A little over a month ago, I brought my trade-in LG V10 to my local USPS after receiving my new S8. I assumed that would be it, and T-Mobile would receive my phone within a few days. I had sent it in about 5 days before it was due so I also assumed there would be minimal, if no issues. As of now, over a month later, USPS has absolutely no idea where the package is. I sent the phone back in the same T-Mobile box that the S8 was sent to me in. I put the package labels on accordingly and put the receipt in the box, as instructed by the trade-in instructions. My father, who is the account holder, is now still getting charged the extra $25 every month for a phone that is no longer in our possession, and somehow not even in USPS's possession. As someone who is in college and will need my parent's help financially come August, this extra $25 every month adds up quickly. I've already filed a missing mail report with USPS and I've spoken to numerous T-Mobile representatives about this issue. Nothing is coming from it and we are still being charged $25 for something that is out of our hands both physically and figuratively. Is there any way to fix this issue?

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: USPS lost my trade-in phone

You got a receipt with the tracking number when you gave it to USPS? It just vanished from their tracking system?

• magenta1920786

Thank you for the response.

I dropped it in the drop box as I did not want to wait in line and I had a few other errands to run. Everything necessary for shipping was on the box and it only needed to be scanned. USPS told me that it is most likely in Philadelphia or something because there is a lost mail facility there. I unfortunately do not have any connecting leads to the package other than the tracking number, which provides with me absolutely nothing. Inputting the tracking number into USPS's website only shows that the package has not been scanned and it has been over one month.

• drnewcomb2

Sorry but it looks like you're hosed. You have no paper trail showing that you even mailed the package. Had you handed it to a postal clerk they would have scanned it and given you a receipt. This would at least have put the onus on USPS to show where they lost it. As it is you have nothing. Moral of the story, the job's not finished until the paperwork is done.

• blankusername

My tracking number shows it was delivered to T-mobile and they claim they cannot find it and have been charging me. Maybe they have a problem with an employee?

• tmo_chris

Hey there! I am very sorry to hear that you are in this situation If the phone never made it back to us, we assume that the user kept the device and continue to bill it accordingly. We have a few things that we can look at on our side and investigate what happened with this phone. I would recommend that you recommend that you reach out to our social media care team T-Force on Facebook or Twitter using the icons in my signature. They will be able to pull up your account and do a thorough investigation of the phones whereabouts. 

• blankusername

No, I am a different user who was tossing my two cents in as I am currently going through a similar issue. I have my tracking number and UPS said it was delivered May 17th. Currently I am having problems with the run around. My specific tale of woe is that i upgraded to a Galaxy S8, they did not send any return paperwork, I called a few times, got the paperwork, mailed it in, told they found it, then after no credit applied, called back and they said they never found it. T-mobile promised to call back in three days, two days later someone called and said they would call on Monday. It is now Friday.

So, upgraded phone, missing old phone, promised a credit and got dinged instead, not feeling the love from T-mobile. Similar to the original poster