No Service?????

magenta2013816

For the second time this month, both of my lines are having coverage problems. Can't text, get email, etc. What am I paying for???

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: No Service?????

Yikes, magenta2013816, I hear you. Two outages in a month is a huge inconvenience, we're so sorry! Are you still having service trouble? I hope this was just a hiccup, but if the issues are ongoing I'd love to snag your ZIP and see if I can get any information for you. We want to make sure that our teams are engaged in resolving the issue. Please let me know! Thank you.

- Marissa

• magenta2013816

My home zip is 97408, and my work zip is 97401

• tmo_marissa

Thank you! It does look like we're doing maintenance on a site in your home ZIP, though right now there's not an outage reported -- however, if there was one earlier this month, the maintenance may be necessary to prevent that from happening again. In your work ZIP, I don't see any reports of current outages or maintenance happening. Did you just leave work? Do you have colleagues or friends in the office who also have T-Mobile service? If the data and messaging services were drastically impacted for all of you, then this would be something we'd want to get reported. The next step would be to Contact Us so that our teams could get a service inquiry filed for your office location and the report could be sent to our engineering teams for review... if there's something going wrong, we want to fix it ASAP!

- Marissa

• magenta2013816

I'm not sure about anyone else in that zip with t-mobile, except for my

husband (on the same plan & having problems at the same time). It most

reciently affected us when we were out of town and there was a road closure

on the way home. Neither one of us were able to get service to pull up maps

for a different route, or to call or text a friend to go feed our pets at

home if we were too late getting back. We have previously got service in

this area, but we weren't even able to connect to wi-fi when we found it

available. Just nothing. Since It's happening to both phones, I assume it's

the service, not a problem with the phones themselves.

• tmo_marissa

When more than one device is having signal trouble, I think you're right -- it's more likely a network issue than an issue with both individual phones. The detour situation definitely sounds frustrating, I would have been more stressed out about my pets than the map issue -- when that happened, was that at this work ZIP? Or somewhere else? How recently did it occur?

- Marissa

• magenta2013816

The zip code where we were at was 97439.

• tmo_marissa

Gotcha, magenta2013816. I took a look at that ZIP on our 4G LTE Coverage Map, and it looks like this is an area where for the most part we currently have a gap in coverage. Is this somewhere you drive through frequently?

- Marissa

• magenta2013816

I drive here often enough. That is my 2nd problem here... the overall

coverage. The coverage is fine if you stay within 5 miles of the I-5

Freeway, but really no where else in my State. After that last trip, I'm

starting to understand why people pay the extra amount for Verizon service.

• tmo_marissa

I'm sorry to hear that. I know we're constantly working to expand our footprint, and have no intentions of stopping! If this is an area you travel through often -- like to visit family or a vacation spot? -- then I can see how the lack of coverage in that area is frustrating.Did you have a chance to take a look at the map? Was the place where you were located during the detour covered? If so, we would love to have you Contact Us and file a service inquiry so that we can make sure any issues with the signal in that are are resolved.

We'd hate to lose your family's business -- or see you spend more money! But we understand you need a service that fits your needs. We do have an alternate map that might be worth taking a look at here: LTE Comparison Map. Although it only shows LTE, and the regular coverage map is best to view all types of signal that we have implemented in a given area, it's definitely cool to look at because it shows our coverage based on end-of-year 2017 projections. It looks like we aim to have the area you're talking about, Florence, filled out a little bit more by the close of the year. That said, because we value transparency, it also shows overlays of our competitor's footprints in the same region.
                                        I know we offer a lot of stellar options and features for a fantastic value, but that's only as good as meeting your basic needs. I hope this secondary comparison map helps!

- Marissa