how can i unlock my phone.

joannachoi12

I used the t mobile app unlock device and it says device is permanently unlocked but I cannot use other sim card in other country. My plan is pay as you go and I refilled every time. but I did not paid this month because I moved to different country. how can I unlock my phone(tmobile unlock the device app said it is permanently unlocked) or close my account? 

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: how can i unlock my phone.

What country and which phone?

• joannachoi12

I bought my t mobile phone at the United States and I'm in South Korea now. My phone is galaxy on 5.

• drnewcomb2

It looks like the G900T has UMTS band 1 (2100 MHz), so it should work in S. Korea. I assume that the phone is saying something like "Invalid SIM" or "Unapproved SIM"?  Does it say any thing about "Enter Unlock Code"? The last Samsung phone I unlocked was done via the app and it happened automagically. I suspect that what happened was that you processed the unlock but it didn't actually "take" and you moved back to S. Korea without actually checking the phone with a non-T-Mobile SIM. You can wait to see if someone from T-Force shows up on this thread, you can call T-Mobile support or you might try an e-mail to unlock(at)T-Mobile.com (I think) to see if they can help. You should stress that you processed the unlock request while you were still at customer but that it seems that something went wrong. I'd also try finding a completely different SIM (e.g. European prepaid) to see if the phone rejects it. That's all I can suggest.

1 of 1 people found this helpful