magenta1973970

This is not the first time I've gotten annoyed looking at that message, It's been over a month now (shipped may 12th) and i'm still not seeing any progress being made on my account. This does not look good for me since the exact same thing happened when i jumped from the S6 edge to s7 edge, i ended up having to pay full price for a device i no longer had. Now that i jumped from s7 edge to s8, this is looking to be turning into the same situation. Any help would be appreciated and if the same thing happens again (most likely) then i would be done with the jump program or t-m altogether which would be sad since this is the only problem i have with them (and it's a big one). I've included the label that i used when i sent it in.20170512_123716.jpg

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: JUMP trade-in not yet received

Welcome, magenta1973970, and thanks for posting! I know the waiting game is rough -- especially when it comes to JUMP! equipment and waiting for your previous EIP to be closed. If you used the label in this photo, though, followed the instructions on shipping the phone in, and checked the IMEI on the phone you returned against the one on the portion of the JUMP! label that the customer keeps, then you did everything necessary to ensure there shouldn't be any issues with your JUMP! return!

The outside timeline we provide for JUMP! credits on existing EIPs is three billing cycles from the date the device is shipped... so the good news is that as it stands, you're still within the standard time frame. When the device is received and evaluated, the status will be updated, and you will receive back-credits for any monthly installments you've been billed for the phone that's pending return in the interim.

Many of our store locations offer an instant JUMP!, so if one of those locations is nearby, you can turn your old phone in on the spot if that's something you'd prefer! Your last JUMP! doesn't sound like it went too smoothly -- can I ask what happened and what type of investigation we were able to complete for you to research the issue? Hearing that you paid out an EIP balance for a device you returned is a huge bummer!

- Marissa

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • magenta1973970

Thanks for your reply Marissa, unfortunately for my last Jump i followed all directions as i have with my current one, yet received no word/update and ended up having to pay out the phone in full. For this current jump, before i decided to ship the phone, i called a few nearby stores and asked them if i could simply drop it in store for my jump trade-in (because of my previous bad luck) yet they all told me no it had to be shipped out so i did so hoping this time it would be different.

• tmo_marissa

Well, shoot! I just completed a JUMP! Claim in a store location yesterday; so I know firsthand how convenient it can be to JUMP! in the store if that's an option -- I'm sorry that the instant option wasn't there for you! With that original device, were we able to check the logs for the Assurant warehouse and do any research into the JUMP! status for you when it happened? I know we're still within the normal time frame with this one, but I just want to make sure we did everything in our power to investigate the issue you had previously.

- Marissa