magenta1825608

Sounds easy right? Well not for me. Every time anyone tries to transfer my Pay as you go Legacy account to a new sim card, my current sim is from 2006, they get an error message. On the 15th I spoke with a rep that said he was opening a help ticket for offline troubleshooting and to call back, the first time I call back I am told the ticket has no new information, the second time I call back, on the 20th... The "advanced" technical rep CANNOT find the ticket. He tells me the sim card must be the issue and that the sim card is on an account belonging to someone else and I need to go back to the store and get a new sim and they will transfer my account in the store. The sim card I got at a T-mobile store, that the employee in the store tried to transfer my account to, the sim card that a dozen other reps have tried to transfer my account to, the sim card that another agent, not 3 minutes earlier in the same call told me was good and my account could be transferred to. I am fed up with your call center support and need real assistance. The issue is with your computer system not letting my account be transferred, no one I get by calling India will be able to fix it. And this isn't the first time I had this issue, I tried to get my account moved to a new sim in 2013, it was never resolved. I purchased a sim cutter tool to reduce the mini to a micro which worked at the time. But the new phone I purchased doesn't want to work with the 11 year old sim card. My current sim is older than LTE and 4G and I am pretty sure 3G as well. The card is obsolete and is my understanding they can suddenly fail. Can anyone help me?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Account transfer to a new sim card

Goodness, magenta1825608! I can definitely understand why you'd want a new SIM after all this time, but I can't imagine why it would be so difficult for us to update this SIM for you. It sounds like a ton of time and gas money, and that's a total bummer. This might sound crazy, but did any of us happen to mention what type of error message we're getting when we try to update the SIM for your line? I just want to make sure I'm reading this correctly -- was the error related to one specific SIM number, or are we having the same issue trying to update your SIM after trying several different SIM numbers?

- Marissa

• magenta1825608

It is fixed. After seeing that many people get better help through the reps on Facebook and Twitter I contacted them through Facebook. The first one tried and then I was chatting with another rep. After working hard to help me Thursday morning he; and I will quote him "and I've tried all possible options to activate this new sim card today. I see a ticket was filed, but it did not resolve the issue and now I'm going to have to escalate this ticket to a specialized team that handles the most unique scenarios." Well Friday evening when I tried to get a signal on my old phone it wouldn't display any and I checked my new phone with the new sim and instead of reading emergency only or T-mobile with the signal it said invalid IMEI, so I restarted the phone and it read 4G LTE, checked the sim card info in settings and it finally had my phone number on it. And to answer your questions, the message was a generic "cannot be completed at this time". And in 2013 it was 3 different SIM cards, they just kept saying the card was bad even when it was new from the T-mobile store. So I had no reason to believe it was a bad card this time. And as I mentioned before the last rep I spoke to on the phone told me the card was bad AND the card was on a different account. The same card my account is now connected to. I wish I had got in touch with someone like him 4 years ago. Whatever the problem was it seemed to be in the computer system.

• tmo_marissa

Holy moly, I wish so too... and I'm sorry we let you down, both in 2013 and now. This definitely sounds like a system error that required escalation -- a generic error message like that happening with multiple SIMs is a really inconvenient hiccup, and I'm so glad our T-Force team was able to get the error in front of the right folks so that you could finally get a new SIM working! Thanks for coming back to let us know... we appreciate the feedback, too!

- Marissa