fidgetyrat

I have encountered this multiple times, but on my iPhone 6S, regular SMS messages are simply not being received on my end. I can be in the middle of group conversations with friends when I will just receive silence. I've compared to their phones and they are receiving my messages, but I do not get their responses.

Just this morning, I got a dump of 30 messages dated yesterday.

Everything else on my phone is working fine. Internet is fine, I've since connected on LTE, WiFi, etc. I've made calls, used the internet etc, but it wasn't until almost 24 hours later that all these messages arrived and this is not the first time. I don't think the issue is my phone.

Is there any reason T-mobile is so unreliable for SMS? It's embarrassing when I text non t-mobile friends and they see how spotty the service is for something as simple as standard text messaging.

Has anyone else experienced this?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: SMS Receipt Unreliable

Eek, fidgetyrat, that doesn't sound like the way anyone wants to communicate via text. I know it's been a few days since your post -- has this situation improved at all? Are you having trouble just with group messaging, or with all SMS to any other person?

- Marissa

• fidgetyrat

It's intermittent. I mostly do group chats over SMS as most individual friends have iPhones so we just use iMessage. I had a call in to t-mobile support last Friday and they said they are looking into possible network issues with a trouble ticket.

I'm hoping it will eventually get resolved because its really frustrating.

• tmo_marissa

Yikes! Intermittent issues can be the most frustrating, since they seem to resolve and then boom -- there you are with the same problem all over again. We usually walk through all available troubleshooting and file a ticket as the last resort, so if we got to that step, then it's definitely the wise choice. Please keep us posted on how this plays out!

- Marissa

• tmo_amanda

Happy Friday, fidgetyrat!

I just wanted to stop by to see if everything is working properly with your text messages now. Previously, you stated a ticket had been filed last Friday. Let us know how things are going.

• tmo_marissa

Hey, fidgetyrat! Just wanted to touch base with you and see if you'd been able to check in on your ticket. Any updates on your SMS?

- Marissa

• fidgetyrat

Seems better lately. It's possible someone somewhere did something or it's just going to act up again in the future. Never got any explanations from trouble tickets so who knows.

• tmo_marissa

Aw, shucks. Well, that's good news overall, but I understand your hesitation. I know today might not be the best day to do so, but if you've got the chance to reach out and check in on the results of the tickets in the future, we should be able to let you know what results were noted/comments were left by our engineering team. It might be nice to have some peace of mind, instead of wondering when the problem's going to crop back up!
                        Either way, thanks for checking back in here. Hope you're having a great holiday!

- Marissa