Warranty Exchange_terrible experience

magenta1972253

I have wanted to share my story and express on how dissatisfied I have become with T-mobile warranty exchange. I have been a customer for over 10 years and never had such a bad experience until obtain the Samsung 7. I have went through 4 phones in less than a year and half. The phone crashes, screen blacks out or gets so hot to the touch I can not hold the phone to talk or scroll to look at things on my phone. I have contacted customer service and been transferred to tech support. I was told to restart, delete items off my phone still useless. One of my warranty exchanges were shipped to a store not even open. I have even called the store in assistance for location at least for a loaner no call back no follow up or I get the run around. Then I go to the store to pick up my phone I wait for 40 min on a samsung switch transfer to recieve a phone that was an unlock AT&T phone but I couldnt even use it. I was issued a credit of $20 but that does not compensate for my time I lost and the issue I am having with a device that is hot and not fully funcitionaity for use. I have never returned a damaged phone my phones have always been in good condition. I am tired of getting refurbished phones that don't last longer than 6 months. This process shouldn't be so stressful and annoying. I shouldn't have to keep calling for statuses on a phone or waiting a text for pick or anything, why say wait on a text for delivery for pick and never get one. I just found out the phone was at the store for 2 days and no one has reached out to me. sooooooo not acceptable. why the customer service so terrible I have been a customer for too many years to receive such terrible service. maybe you should take notes from on other providers on how they satisfy their customer and keep them happy. I am very upset...HELP@tmobile

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Warranty Exchange_terrible experience

You have every right to be upset magenta1972253  and I'm sad this hasn't gone so well for you. I'm shocked you've gone through so many phones and had the same issues. Did you get a working replacement phone or do you still have a phone that overheats? If it does still have problems, have you tried using the phone without any 3rd party apps to see if it's still too hot? Also, are you using the charger that came with the phone or an aftermarket one? We do wanna help you get this resolved so please keep us posted. Thanks.

• magenta1972253

Yes, actually I am using the original charger and cord for the phone. I am only using apps that I have used in the past, I have uninstalled apps and deleted content. I think the issue is I am continuing to receive refurbished phones. This model is the only phone I have so many issues with. And yes this phone still gets hots to the touch. The only way to by pass this is to have bulky phone case on the phone but that is still an inconvenience because i can use my auxiliary cord unless I take the case off. I should be able to use this phone and enjoy all the normal pleasure as I have with any other phone. I can't believe you are going to blame the issue on a charger I do have the original and will be glad to send you the picture if you need proof. If you are able to trace any apps I use you will see I have faithfully use the same ones for years I don't see why now this would be an issue. I am still awaiting for a manager to reach to me for my escalation it has been over a week no response. I called today but was on hold for so long I had to get off the phone I will try again later today but this is VERY UNACCEPTABLE!

• tmo_mike_c

Thanks for this information. I want you to understand, I'm not trying to blame this on apps or the charger for that matter so I'm sorry for giving you that impression. After going through that many phones, it seems to me like we'd need to look at some other possible causes like what I mentioned. I totally agree that we should have responded back especially after speaking with a manager. I do appreciate you giving us another shot and I do hope you keep us posted on this after you reach out later today.

• tmo_marissa

Hi, magenta1972253. We just wanted to check in here -- how is everything going? I know this has been quite a roller coaster... were you able to reach back out to our Care team?

- Marissa

• magenta1972253

tmo_marissa I called in on Sunday for network card failure and no service and ask for a follow up on my complaint follow up still

no call back

from a manager. Customer service has been awful in regards to my original complaint its like no one care how I feel or even bothered to at least let me know someone is looking into this. Just that is is notated I want to want to issue compliant. this is AWFUL

• tmo_marissa

I'm so sorry to read that -- failure to follow-up with a customer is not OK. When we make a promise for a call back, we should be checking with you to schedule a good time window, and then making good on our word. A team with account access should be able to let you know if there were any follow-ups scheduled. It sounds like we checked this out when we spoke with you on Sunday and didn't see anything on the calendar -- is that right? Has your service trouble been resolved?

I will definitely forward your feedback about your experience with the warranty program, but we also want to make sure that you're getting assistance with your issue. I know MC mentioned some of the common reasons that devices can overheat, but it sounds like those issues are ruled out in your case. I also know that before we place an exchange order, we walk through all troubleshooting options, complete with a Master Reset, so the troubleshooting we could provide you're likely all too familiar with. In this public user forum, we don't have a secure method to verify your account details, so we're not able to take a look ourselves -- but our T-Force folks through Twitter DM and Facebook Message do, and you'll still have the convenience of working with an online team. Your input, like that of all of our customers, is invaluable to helping us shape the best business possible, so we thank you for taking the time to post here. That said, I do hope you'll give us another shot at working with you directly to come up with a resolution -- can you reach out to them and let us know how it goes?

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hey there! I just wanted to follow up here and see how things were going.

- Marissa

• blinnd

Agreed!  Terrible experience!  Store rep agreed that phone should be replaced and it was under warranty and then told me it would cost $21.  WHAT???  I have to pay to get a new phone that is 6 weeks old??  I don't see that listed anywhere on the page that talks about how easy the warranty exchange process it.  HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!

• tmo_marissa

Hi blinnd! I'm so sorry to read you were taken by surprise with the fee. Coming in for assistance with an issue with any device, new or old, is tough enough; but it sounds like we could have done a better job being up front about the charges involved with processing an exchange. I know that our exchange document mentions that we charge a Service Warranty Processing fee, but you're right that it doesn't list a total amount -- the total depends on whether or not there's insurance covering the line and can also include shipping costs if the replacement is shipped to a store. I know there are alternate exchange options that you can pursue through the device manufacturer directly; but we offer this service to provide (typically) a quick turnaround for our customers. There is an expense to operate the exchange program, but I agree that we should never be hiding that information from a customer.

I'm sorry that the exchange played out this way; and even sorrier that you had so much trouble with a new device in the first place. Thanks for taking a moment to post here and provide your feedback.

• blinnd

Unfortunately, this is not my first time experiencing poor customer service from T-Mobile.  When we went to our local store to talk to a rep about the problems with the phone, she didn’t even look up from her typing to talk to us.  The store is:

Columbus T-Mobile

N Hamilton and Morse Rd

5235 N Hamilton Rd Spc A, Columbus, OH 43230

The rep just acted like we were bothering her.  This store has historically bad service, but it was close to our house and I figured that since the phone was under warranty it would be an easy exchange.  Why don’t you just give the customer a new phone instead of making them 1) pay a fee and 2) wait for a week or more to get their replacement phone? We had another phone that died on us and it two over a month to get anyone at T-Mobile to agree that we could exchange the phone.  Our account wasn’t credited during this period even though we were not able to use the phone.

I’m getting closer and closer to becoming an EX T-mobile customer.

Anyway, I called Samsung and they are going to fix my phone for free at a local store.  Would have been nice if your reps had offered that as an alternative up-front.

• tmo_marissa

That definitely doesn't sound like the experience we want to provide - your account and concerns are important, and it stinks that we made you feel otherwise. We'll definitely forward that feedback!

I think the suggestion of an immediate in-store exchange is something that many folks would be happy with -- at this point, the inventory just isn't there to make this happen. You always have the option of working with the manufacturer directly, and I'm very sorry to hear we made you feel otherwise -- especially since it sounds like in this situation that's going to work out well!

Typically we offer our supplemental exchange program as a resolution because exchanges or repairs with the manufacturer require that you ship your device to them first, wait for a repair or inspection and then replacement decision, and then they ship your device or the replacement back. In most cases this takes multiple weeks, so that's really the purpose of our supplemental warranty exchange program -- it's only offered as an option to provide a better experience; not to cause hang-ups for our customers. Thanks again for letting us know how this could have gone better if we'd been more straightforward about the cost of the program and by providing you with alternative options, I think those are great points. We appreciate your time!