No Service three days in a row 94578

magenta1966302

Service at 94578 and 94577 has been VERY slow to nonexistent for the last three days. I can manually search for and see T-Mobile, and connect to it, but soon after the connection drops and I get No Service. If I move to an area where there is known strong signal, such as a BART station, I can get at most 3 bars and very pokey 4G speeds. What's going on?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

That's no good, magenta1966302! I know it's been a few days since your initial post -- have things improved at all? I took a look at the general area, and it does look like we have reports of congestion in certain locations, modernization recently completed (last week) in 94578 as well as modernization underway at a site in 94577. What type of phone are you using? Do you notice these speed issues improve or worsen during certain times of day?

- Marissa

• magenta1966302

Re: No Service three days in a row 94578

Thank you for responding, Marissa.

Unfortunately, service has not improved. After talking with Customer Service, I was directed to a local store for a new SIM. Customer Service seemed unaware of tower upgrades going on my area. After the new SIM was installed I chatted again with Customer Service and let them know that service was still AWOL (and still is for over a week now). Clearly the tower in the area of 94577 is non-functional, and any connection I do get, which is usually none, is to a tower very far away.

I understand that periodic upgrades have to be made, but a service disruption warning and a credit (I have received a $35 credit since complaining, which I am grateful for) should have been made before service went down.

• tmo_marissa

Re: No Service three days in a row 94578

I know that when we're making permanent spectrum changes (like turning off older signal in order to implement newer LTE) and we anticipate lasting changes in device compatibility, we do send messages to subscribers to provide them with notice as far in advance as possible -- it's good feedback to forward regarding an ask to do the same or similar with planned maintenance. What kind of phone are you using? The areas you mentioned, like the BART station, for example -- what signal strength did you get there prior to the beginning of this past week?

- Marissa

• magenta1966302

I can now report that after a full week of no service at 94578, service has returned at roughly the same level as it was before it went down.