pamut

Hello all

I ordered this phone/tablet online from china.

I place the SIM card which is a phone line T-mobile One account, and nothing.It doesn't register into the network at all.

I assume it's APN setting issue.

i tried "fast.t-mopbile.com" it doesn't work

Anybody can help me?

tnx

John

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Samsung SM-T805 S

Hi there pamut and thanks for posting.

Is this device unlocked and allow you to use it on another carrier? Does your SIM work in a T-Mobile branded phone? You can use our Network & APN: Samsung Galaxy Tab S  as a guide to make sure the settings are correct. Keep in mind, it can be kinda tricky when you're using a Non-T-Mobile device. Please take a look at our Setup guide to Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) page for more info about this.

• tmo_amanda

Hey, John!

Did the steps that Mike provided above work for you? If you're still having issues, have you tried your SIM in a T-Mobile device?

• tmo_marissa

Welcome, pamut! We just wanted to see if you were able to get your tablet working! Please let us know if you still need help!

- Marissa

• magenta2017058

Hello Melissa

No the tablet still does not work in the USA, but works in other country like Canada. So basically when it is roaming it logs in, registers the roaming service provider no problem. I can use it both ways (cellular phone call and internet) no issues.

How ever when I cross the border back in USA it does not work. I took it to T-mobile store, they played an hour with it with t-mobile tech support on the phone but could not figure it out.

Yes I tried to place the t-mobile SIM card into an other phone (I-phone 4S) and everything worked perfectly in both country

I could add a little info. If I place any other carrier's SIM into the SM-T805S unit the preferred network list includes (t-mobile Network ID:310260 on 2g/3g) how ever when I place the t-mobile SIM in it, this one is missing.

DO you know how to add to it? I tried the simple way, like re-writing an other one or entering a new one, but the SIM card restricts it.

Thank you

• tmo_amanda

Happy Saturday, pamut!

Thanks for getting back to us. It sounds like it comes down to the device being the issue as you have tested the SIM in a different device and it works as expected. I checked out the specifications for this device and it should be compatible with our 2G network. That being said, what city and state are you trying to use the device in whenever you crossover from Canada? Also, have you tried completing a master reset on the device and then setting the device up using the steps that Mike recommended above?

• tmo_mike_c

Hey there!

Just stopping by to see if this is still an issue. Please come back and keep us updated on this. Thank you!

• pamut

Hi Mike

Thank you for trying to solve this issue, how ever it is still not working as it supposed to.

I did try all the steps you described in your reply but no luck. I even took it to a T-mobile store and have the worker call tech support.

They played over an hour with it, but could not solve it.

Info: I have an older HUB, it is "Ericsson W35" I placed the SIM in it, this unit has an auto APN button, and woala everything works on it. Cell 2G, internet 3G, and 3G+. This one does not have 4G or LTE yet since it is an older model.

When I go into details it shoes registered to home network T-mobile 310260 2G/3G. The APN is: internet2.voicestream.com (these came up automatically, without my input)

Since this is a 2 line account, I placed the other T-mobile SIM card into the SM-805S tab and looked for the same Network ID, but it is not in the list. I tried to add to it, but the SIM does not let me.

Than I entered the same APN, but it does not work.

Samsung tech support claims it, the unit is completable with T-mobile US.

I do not know what else to do !!!

Thank you

Tibor Toth

• pamut

Mike

Do you know, who can add this network ID to the SIM card? Can the T-mobile store do it?

Tnx

Tibor

• tmo_mike_c

Wow, you've done quite a bit to get this to work. You won't have to worry about trying to add a network ID to the SIM card. The way it works is you'd need to enter our settings into the device. Sounds like you've done that already. The tough part is even if they're entered correctly, we just can't guarantee it'll work. The only other option I can think of is to completely reset it, reenter the settings, then see if it works.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey!

Have you given the factory reset a shot? Please keep us posted on this. We'd like to make sure we've tried everything we can to help. Thanks.