phone not working

kevincerv64

my phone slipped when it was leaning on the window while I was washing dishes and when I turned around to the rest of the dishes it slipped out of nowhere and It fell in to the water and I quickly grabbed and took everything apart and dried it up and when I let it dry I turned it back on and the screen is acting on itself like someone is hacking it and I cant do anything now. what can I do.

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: phone not working

Do you have a vacuum food saver? Remove the battery, if possible. Remove the SIM and SD cards. Rinse the phone in clean water. Put it under a vacuum and hold it there until all the water disappears. If you don't have a vacuum food saver, do as above but place the phone in a warm (not hot) toaster oven for several hours. Don't listen to advice about rice. Rice only absorbs water if it's boiling.  At this point everything you try is a "Hail Mary" attempt to save the phone. It may not work. You may have to replace it anyway.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • drnewcomb2

When I say "warm" toaster over, I mean "to the touch". Like 120-130º. not 200º. The vacuum method is best. The water is evaporated out at room temp.

• tmo_marissa

Hey, kevincerv64! It is such a bummer to read about this oops -- I've had one or two of those moments myself. To be responsible, I have to start with the disclaimer: this isn't official T-Mobile supported advice, just personal anecdotal evidence, but the box of rice trick did work for one of my phones (although TBH it was never quite the same...). How is your phone working now? I know drnewcomb2 offered up some tricks -- were you able to get it back up and running? If not, do you have insurance on your line and can we answer any questions about filing a claim? Please let us know if there's any way we can help!

- Marissa