HTC m9

magenta1921332

I'm using HTC M9 more than 2 years from now, but last month or more, my phone had problem with the internet ( data ), it some how not working on the 4G network, but I've been contacted the tech dept., T-Mobile sent me signal-booster, personal boost, but I still having the same problem, slow speed, can not load a page fast enough what I've been paid for. By that time, only effect in my living area, but now I tried to do some speed test in difference places, speed is slow down more than what I expected. I upgraded to the latest version, 7.0.

Any suggestions? What should I do?

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: HTC m9

No one likes slow internet! Are there any areas where your speeds are fast? What speeds are you seeing when you notice the slow speeds and how many bars of signal does your phone show? Do you see a 3G, 4G, or LTE on the phone?

• magenta1921332

My area is less than 1mps (sometimes less than 56k), and for upload is about 1mps, I have no problem with the calling, even M9 only has 1 bar, I only have the problem with the data. I tested in difference places, speed is more than 10mps, sometimes more than 50mps. ONLY affected with my living area. My M9 showing me 4gLTE, but speed IS NOT 4g, it just likes the caveman story.

• magenta1921332

The window unit shows 1-2 bar, sometimes has 3, and it shows LTE with light up; the coverage unit shows me range from 4-9.

• tmo_chris

Okay, so if the window unit is only getting 1-2 bars, that means the coverage unit is only going to be putting out 1-2 bars. The best way to set up the window unit is in a window where you know you can get consistently high levels of signal. Then, make sure the coverage unit is not in a place where it will show a 4 or 5. In your first reply, you said you were getting 6-9 so that is good. The higher the number on the coverage unit the better.

• magenta1921332

Thanks Chris, but the problem is: even I put in the best place, best resolve has more than 4 bars, still internet SLOWs, no matter what is the coverage, or the window unit has, I live in a cave, I've been having this problem more than 1 and half month already, I can't do anything with that slow speed of internet. I tried to contact HTC online service, they diagnostic it, the phone or software have no problem, everything smooths.

So, may I ask: when can I get my 4g LTE internet back? How much longer does it take to retrieve my 4g speed? I have to go to some other places to do my homework, project.

Thanks again!!!

• tmo_chris

I totally understand. Slow internet is never any fun! If you have 4 bars of LTE and your speeds are still that slow, we will need to open a ticket with our local engineering teams. Please Contact Us again when you have a moment so we can get that started for you.

• magenta1921332

I contacted by the same time since I notified my internet speed, in early 5/2017, they have opened a ticket for me for the problem that I have, I forgot the ticket number, but I think T-Mobile can check by my number. Then I called customer service again, they told me there's a local issue had occurred, but it'll take longer than usual, and they're working on it (by the time they told me till now more than 3 weeks). So, I called again, last week, they said it should be back to normal by the end of JULY, what????? That means I have to pay my 4g LTE speed in a few months, but just getting a less than 56k speed in TEN years ago? That is not NORMAL. I don't know what should I do now, I'm so frustrated.

• tmo_chris

Ahh, okay. Thanks for the additional info. If there is a network issues going on, unfortunately the signal booster may not be the best option for you I know how important having reliable coverage in your home. Do you have high-speed internet in your home by chance?

• magenta1921332

My home internet went out by the same my phone data had problem ( I guess ), I didn't know it, since I used my phone data all time, except when I need to do something with my computer, I just found out 2 weeks ago why I can't upgrade my computer, my home internet will be back later this week. But I don't think home internet and phone data related, don't they?

Sorry about bothering your time, Chris.

• tmo_chris

It is no bother at all. The reason I ask is because a signal booster may not be the best fit for you while we are working on the network but we do have a device that you can connect to your in-home high-speed internet that will provide you with full T-Mobile signal all throughout your house. You will also be able to use DATA but it will be going through your home internet connection while you are within range of the unit. Check it out here 4G LTE CellSpot overview. Once you get your home internet back up and running, you can Contact Us to send back your booster and we can send you out one of these devices if your account is eligible.

• magenta1921332

If I have the problem due to T-mobile coverage, I want my credit back, until the problem SOLVE. Because I've been paid my 4g LTE speed for the last 2 months, we're talking about NO/SLOW connection, it's a huge problem. By the way, if I have my home internet available, I'll never know that I don't have my 4g speed on my phone/plan, that is not normal.

• tmo_chris

I totally understand where you are coming from. The suggestion of the 4G LTE CellSpot is only something that will help supplement your in-home coverage until the end of July when our engineers complete the upgrades/maintenance you were told about.

• magenta1921332

Thank you Chris!!! I'll wait and let see.