LG450 Hiding Messages?

dxashram

I've been having problems recently with my LG 450 and its inexplicable tendency to hide messages from deletion. Even when all of my messages are supposedly deleted and my inbox is empty, it will continue telling me that I have messages left over. Is there any way to unhide these messages?

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: LG450 Hiding Messages?

Hey, dxashram!

I'm wondering if some of the text messages are stored on the phone and some are stored on the SIM. I was able to pull this info from the manual to see if you have any messages saved on the SIM:

You can also see if the view of your inbox is set to all messages, SIM messages, or messages stored on your phone by following these steps:

1. From the Home screen, press the Menu button.
        2. Scroll and select Messages.
        3. Select Message Settings.

Give these two options a shot and let me know how it goes!

• dxashram

Re: LG450 Hiding Messages?

When I go to Message Settings, if I change the Inbox View from Conversation View to Standard View and back again, I get a differing amount of missing texts. In Conversation View, there are two text messages unaccounted for; in Standard View, there are none and my inbox is empty. I've also checked if anything is on my SIM card by going to Settings, Memory, Used Space, and then to SIM card which shows that there is nothing saved to it. Going to SIM Management in my Contacts shows the same thing, the SIM card is empty.