Extremely Frustrated and Disappointed with Support

brandyhyde

I switched from AT&T to T-Mobile on June 4, 2017.  I have tried several times to complete the switch2tmobile reimbursement and I keep getting a processing error that says I don't have any eligible devices.  I ported 3 #'s, bought a new devices, got a # for that device, and brought my own phones (iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 6 Plus).  I have called the store where I purchased them to help, they have not been able to help me.  I have called customer support, no luck there either.  When I call the 888-390-6867 # all I a get is a menu of options that do not apply to my situation.  I would have never switched had I know this was going to be just another headache to deal with.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Hey there! We want to make sure you are able to get your reimbursements! Are seeking reimbursement for ETFs or for device payment plans?

• tmo_marissa

Hey, brandyhyde! I just wanted to check in here and see if you were still having trouble with Carrier Freedom. How is everything going? I know it's been some time since your original post -- were you able to make any headway with this?

- Marissa

• brandyhyde

Chris & Marrisa -

Thank you for reaching out!  Apparently, there was an issue in which the store employee did not completely or accurately explain how the program works.  I was able to speak to a representative who fixed the issue and told me my Device Plans will be paid out via virtual card on June 29th.  I had been with AT&T for 20 years and just made the jump to T-Mobile, after the initial frustration, I can say I am a happy customer.  I look forward to many more years with T-Mobile!

• dziewinski

If you don't have to DO NOT switch to T-Mobile!  You will experience excruciating hours with unfriendly personnel brushing you off and not responding to your messages.

Terrible experience.

Dziewinski

Santa Fe, NM

• tmo_marissa

Yikes, dziewinski! This doesn't sound like an experience we want for any of our customers, new or tenured. What's going on? Is there something we can help with in the forum?

- Marissa

• dziewinski

T-M reimbursement system is dysfunctional (probably intentionally). Nothing works as promised. TM make it as difficult as possible. They want people to be resigned and just quit claiming their money. The store attendants just want to brush a customer off and are lazy (probably not well paid and frustrated). The company wants to keep the money (and use interest for T-Mobile) for as long as it possibly can, hence they say they will reimburse in 30-40 days. I think this is illegal and criminal and calls for a class action law suit.

But can you do anything about that Melissa? I doubt that. This is decided by suits and ties in the upper super view office. I will be in Germany in a few days and will try to get as high as possible of the staircase in the T-M world headquarters. l see what they say. I doubt I will accomplish much but at least I will let them know.

Regards to you

Jacek

• tmo_marissa

Hi, Jacek. It stinks to read that you've gotten the runaround with Carrier Freedom. I promise you that's not the intent -- based on customer feedback we've made strides this past year to significantly reduce the wait times so that you're paid back for what you spend paying off your device balances or contract with your previous carrier as quickly as possible (it used to take up to eight weeks!). While you're right that we're not the folks who decide these processes, we can definitely provide feedback! Can I ask where the hang up occurred with your reimbursement? Did you have any trouble uploading your final bill on the site? Did we explain the process to you appropriately?
                          We're happy to pass along whatever details you don't mind sharing! While we can't review individual accounts or Carrier Freedom entries from this public user forum, or rewrite this policy ourselves, what we can do make sure your voice is heard!

- Marissa