magenta1934943

Decided to go the family plan route and went to a T-Mobile store for help. We live in Mexico right across the border and it was the first thing we told the representative. He immediately showed us the North America Plan and said without a doubt this is the best plan offered anywhere for UNLIMITED everything in the USA Canada and Mexico. He kept stressing the UNLIMITED. Totally untrue! We started getting texts from T-Mobile stating we were roaming more than 50% of the time and our service risked termination. So after purchasing 4 phones to the tune of $3000 and signing for a 2 year family plan agreement for the North America Plan it turns out it's pretty much worthless in our case. DO NOT listen to anyone from T-Mobil. They will tell you whatever they want to close a sale well knowing it's fraudulent information. Not to mention all their advertising and brochures promote the same fraud. When I complained they told me to turn the roaming off. Not only are they frauds they're ignorant. What's the point of having an expensive high tech phone if you have to search out wifi to use it? BEWARE

All replies

• magenta1934943

Does this look like UNLIMITED everything to you?

Unless explicitly permitted by your Rate Plan or Data Plan, you are not permitted to use your Device or the Service in a way that we determine:

• Results in more than 50% of your voice and/or data usage being off-net (i.e., connected to another provider’s network) for any 3 billing cycles within any 12 month period;
        • artart

Re: Misrepresentation of North America Plan

Hi magenta1934943

Welcome to the T-Mobile Support Community.

So sorry to hear of your plight. I am only another customer like yourself and wish I could do more than just provide some encouragement and emotional support. I hope some of the T-Mobile community managers are able to quickly step in with the proper advice for you, that will lead to a quick resolution of your very serious problem.

Sadly, I personally never, ever believe anything any T-Mobile store salespeople tell me without independently verifying it directly with phone customer support representatives.

I have been told that T-Mobile takes a dim view of employees intentionally misleading customers. There is absolutely no excuse for any misunderstanding to have taken place in your situation. Any store employees who are located in close proximity to the Mexican border should be required to clearly explain that you cannot use excessive roaming in Mexico, especially when knowing that you live there full time.

I know you are really stressed out. Please let me ask you to try to not get too  upset. Please try to have faith that somebody in authority will follow up on the issue you are having. I really believe that T-Mobile will handle your situation in a fair and equitable manner.

Art