LG V20 Not Refreshing

c@tw0m@n

I have been having trouble with my V20 refreshing and/or latency (might be the same thing).  If I have a notification, any notification, phone call, text message or social media notification, it does not clear after viewing the data, it still reflecting an unviewed entry.  It has not been connecting to the Bluetooth media audio in my car.  It will show the phone portion is connected, but won't connect to the media to play music.  I have the smart settings setup to launch a music application, but it is not doing that either.  In fact, today, almost 2 hours after getting out of my car, my phone is stating it's connected to my car, when I'm in the house and car is turned off....so it's not possible for it to be connected to my car. My weather app has not updated since 7:00 am this morning (it's 4:00 pm now) and trying to perform a forced sync does not work. Text messages are also randomly being delivered up to 30 mins past when they were originally sent. The phone will finally seem to connect and go through and refresh everything, but I have no idea what finally triggered this refresh. Messages come through, email notifications come through and it will connect to my car Bluetooth with full functionality

I thought this was an isolated issue with just my phone, but my husband has stated his V20 is doing the same thing.  I have cleared App cache, stopped/restarted bluetooth services.

Is anyone else experiencing this type of latency on their V20?    Thanks.

All replies

• latrese.moore

Re: LG V20 Not Refreshing

tmobile-admin my phone does the exact same thing...

• latrese.moore

gramps28 do you have this phone too?

• gramps28

No, I'm using a LG Nexus 5X. They have some of the same features but the 5X is running basically a bloatware

free version of Android.

• c@tw0m@n

So apparently this is becoming a known LG issue.  I chatted with a rep who finally found that information only after I insisted she escalate the issue.  She called me to transfer me to technical support to do advanced troubleshooting but the call got disconnected.  I will try to call them back at a later time to see what steps they want to perform and hope it's nothing stupid like a factory reset!  If anyone has any other information regarding this, I would appreciate the feedback.  Waiting 20 minutes for a text message is absurd among all the other delays being experienced.

• tmo_amanda

Hey, c@tw0m@n (love your username)!

I appreciate you creating a thread and keeping it updated with letting us know that the issue has been identified as "known issue" with tech support. I'm sorry that we never called you back to complete some advanced troubleshooting. By chance, have you gotten back in touch with our tech support team?

I personally have not heard of this issue with the V20 but that doesn't mean it's not happening because we clearly have two users in this thread that have the same thing going on. I've searched high and low in our internal content to see what other steps they may have you try but haven't had any luck so far. I'm going to keep digging to see if I can find any info on this.

• c@tw0m@n

Well I did not call T-mobile technical support back because I felt maybe it be better to go directly to the source - LG.  Unfortunately that yielded no solutions, except to rule out it being a software issue by booting up in safe mode and testing latency.  I truly felt that since the issues began shortly after the last update that was pushed out that this issue is linked to that.  I exhausted everything I knew to do (I'm no developer, but I'm no noob either I've been on the Android band wagon since the G1) and finally bit the bullet and performed the dreaded factory reset. This was completed Thursday and after spending all Thursday night setting my phone back up, I will say it seems to have resolved the issues.  While setting up the phone it seemed like I was seeing some things on the phone that had not been there previously.  Given this tid bit, my theory is when the update was installed on my phone, it didn't full install which was causing all the problems.  What's bad about my theory is there was no indication the update didn't fully install, in fact I did receive an update successful message. This might also explain why this appears to be random, and not affecting everyone with a V20. I guess from now on, I'll perform factory resets after each software release to ensure a complete install.

• tmo_amanda

Ah, those lovely factory resets. I'm never a fan of them but when I used Android, I learned it was the norm to complete a master reset after a software update. I'm sorry that it came down to that but at least we have a fix.

Thank you for updating your thread with the outcome!

• magenta2132813

I am having the exact same issues described (T-Mobile V20), and it all seems to have started after the last software update that was pushed through about a month ago. Notifications will get stuck after viewing the missed call or text, notifications in the 2nd display when connecting to bluetooth will get stuck, forcing me to have to go in and turn the second screen off and on again to clear it. However the most annoying aspect seems to be the delayed text messages. My text messages will deliver without problem, but when it comes to receiving them, they have been delayed anywhere from 5 minutes up to 4 hours! I finally did a factory reset after the problem persisted and restored my info with using LG Backup and the issue came right back! I did another factory reset and started fresh without a restore and the problem SEEMED to be fixed, until after a week or two. Notification no longer get stuck but text messages still get delayed just as often and notifications in the 2nd display will get stuck once in a while. I don't feel like T-mobile will be able to troubleshoot this on the back end, I don't want to have to contact LG as I'll have to send them my phone in first and be without the device for 2 week but I am starting feel I have no other options! Any Advice T-Mobile? Is this something technical support would be able to assist with without recommending another factory reset??

• tmo_amanda

Hey, magenta2132813!

I'm sorry that I'm just getting back to you. Unfortunately, a master reset seems to be the key to getting the issue fixed. Here are the steps to complete the master reset (make sure to back-up your data). I would definitely complete this before sending a phone out for exchange.

• magenta2132813

As I stated I have already done TWO master factory resets on the device and the problem still persisted. After digging into the issue and doing LG and Tmobile Tech Support's job I discovered that the Google app itself was causing the issue. After disabling the Google app (I know it sounds weird, and ha e no idea why or how someone discovered this ) all notifications are working properly again, and text messages are being received on time now.  Luckily I never use the Google app or Google search bar, so this resolution could pose a problem for some android users. Haven't had the issue since then and has been working for 2 weeks. Hopefully this helps out anyone else out there.

1 of 1 people found this helpful