italiamy

Why is coverage almost Nil on Lakeside Drive @ S McCarran in Reno, NV.  It's also horrible near the airport and at 395/N McCarran. -- T-Mobile really needs to improve the coverage in Reno.  If not, it will be time for me to move on!   Anyone else having similar issues?

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: Coverage in Reno, NV Horrendous

Hey there!

Has coverage always been an issue in these areas, or is it a new issue you are experiencing? Are you finding yourself having better coverage in most areas?

-Lauren

• tmo_amanda

Happy Friday, italiamy!

I did some digging on the two areas you mentioned and it's no wonder you're having issues. Near South McCarran Blvd and Lakeside Drive users may experience some site congestion which means in peak times data may be slower than normal. We also have some site upgrades going on in the area. The tower upgrades should be completed by about July 20th. As far as the coverage near the airport goes, the towers are also being upgraded and should be finished by the same time.

The coverage near 395 and North McCarran is a different story. Not all devices will work in this area due to the frequencies being offered. What type of phone are you using?

All in all, I can see why you're unhappy with how coverage has been but there's a light at the end of this tunnel. We are really ramping up our coverage in Reno but it'll take about another month.

• tmo_marissa

Hey, italiamy! We just wanted to check in here and see if you'd had a chance to look over Amanda's reply regarding the coverage in the Reno locations you mentioned. We can take a look at your phone's compatibility with the available spectrum near 395 and North McCarran if you don't mind letting us know what you're using! Please let us know if you still need help. Thanks!

- Marissa

• drnewcomb2

Here's a coverage map from Sensorly.com. It shows LTE service, a bit on the weak side but plenty of coverage.

1 of 1 people found this helpful