How to enable DIGITS on a LineLink device

norbi99

Hello

I am trying to my main mobile phone number to my linelink device. So when somebody dials my mobile number both cell and linelink devices ring and I can pick up either. If I dial out from the linelink device it will show as if I was dialing from my cell phone.

Basically the the same as this thread: Digits and Linelink

The rep I spoke to told me this is not officially possible. According to him official way of getting this done will only ring on my linelink device; if linelink is not connected then it will ring on my cell.

thank you

All replies

• debjitjdv

Re: How to enable DIGITS on a LineLink device

norbi99

See evanmf  's post in that thread. He told how to do that. You need to get a DIGITS with PAIRED DATA for your primary number and then put that SIM card in LineLink. You may need to purchase a LineLink adapter  for this though which may need an activation of a new LineLink line but you can always cancel that later and use the LineLink device with the SIM card of DIGITS with PAIRED DATA. Let me know if that answers your query. I m tagging tmo_chris tmo_marissa for further comments.

• norbi99

I currently have Simple choice plan ($50/month) + a lineLink line ($10/month - used to be @home)

I called 611 and explained to them what I would like to achieve and they said its no problem, they will send me a new SIM that I can put in my LineLink and it will work as intended. I thought they are getting me a cloned SIM, but it looks like I get a SIM with a new number and the plan for it is: Data with paired DIGITS TE. I am also getting charged $10/month for it. It shows that its paired to my main number, so if it works then I will cancel the old @Home number.

They also charged me $25 for the new SIM but then gave me credit for that on my account.

We'll see what happens when the new SIM arrives.

• debjitjdv

norbi99

That sounds to me right. I believe the rep who assisted you did the correct thing. There is no cloned sim concept as thats theoretically illegal. What actually happens is that you get a new SIM card with its own phone number and then they associate it with your main number, There is an internal mechanism which forwards all your calls and texts of main number to this new sim as if they are coming to your  main number. Dont worry your main phone will also ring.

Yeah I believe so. Once the SIM card arrives test it for couple of days and then get rid of home lines.

Also something for you: Since this DATA with PAIRED DIGITS is paired to your main number, it will have its own data bucket and will get data at 512 kbps unlimited. So if you are going for a vacation where you need data good enough for navigation using your tablet or streaming music using your tablet you can carry this new SIM card and put it back in LineLink while you are home again.

Please keep me posted here and tag me if you need any suggestions.