Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL (Win10) Random Reboots

middlejim

Starting in the last day or so, my Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL running Windows 10 has rebooted ~ 6 times / day.  No apparent trigger -- battery is charged.  Phone is about two months old.  Update indicates phone is running current software.  Device information screen shot below.  Any ideas on why this is?

Message was edited by: James Lunseth - updated age of device.

All replies

• kpo6969

Try a soft reset. Hold power and volume down buttons until it restarts and vibrates. I always do this after an update on my Idol 4s. With only 2GB ram it will need some time to settle down.

• middlejim

Thanks kpo6969 for the interest and quick response.  The onset of this issue did coincide with the release date for the OS build 15063.414 from what I can tell.  I would like to know more about the 2GB RAM comment -- how would RAM capacity be a factor?  Is the OS trying to do something bigger than 2GB and resets as a result?

fyi I applied the soft reset you suggested, and then the issue occurred within a couple minutes.  Maybe I need to keep doing this?  Do you know what the soft reset is actually doing within the phone?

I've checked the Store/Updates list to see what is recent or pending in terms of app updates, but see no smoking gun.  Is there a log file buried in this phone somewhere that captures these system events?