I have seen a lot of posts saying that that people are facing issues and wrong info from reps regarding porting in Google Voice number to DIGITS. Here is the on word answer: IS PORTING POSSIBLE? YES. ITS POSSIBLE.
STEPS for porting Google Voice to DIGITS:
- Activate a DIGITS Talk and Text Line in your account with any area code number because this is going to be a temporary number anyways
- Unlock Google Voice number https://www.google.com/voice/b/0/unlock?pli=1 by visiting this link. You need to pay $3. THIS IS THE CRUCIAL step.
- Once unlocking is done call 1-877-789-3106, the porting department.
- Ask them that you want to port your Google Voice number XXX-XXX-XXXX to replace your line number YYY-YYY-YYYY. The trick: DONOT SAY THAT THE LINE YYY-YYY-YYYY is a DIGITS number. Just let them treat it as an USUAL number porting. THIS IS THE NEXT CRUCIAL STEP. Themoment you tel them its DIGITS number, you are digging your own grave
- You need GOOGLE VOICE NUMBER, ACCOUNT NUMBER (WHICH IS GOOGLE VOICE NUMBER AGAIN) and THE PIN NUMBER to submit the port request
- Usually the port in happens in few mins but sometime I experienced that it can take upto 1 -24 hours to complete.
- You will get a text message once port in is compplete. Logout of your DIGITS app / Multi-line settings. Assign yourself as a DIGITS user to the ported unmber via https://mydigits.t-mobile.com/consumer/ . Relogin
- VOILA. You should see that your BELOVED GOOGLE VOICE NUMBER is alive as DIGIT.
Please let me know if t works. It should and would work.